FOR SALE Patterns used in the building of 1-1/2" Grant Loco

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Postwarbob

FOR SALE Patterns used in the building of 1-1/2" Grant Loco

Post by Postwarbob »

Many years ago we had some castings made from these patterns and 2 of these engines ( 0-4-0) were built. Richard and Chris Rizzoli fron Rizzoli Loco Works built the first one and they still run it today. (35 years) ??? Check out GGLS photo's . The other one is sitting in another members garage and I think its only been run a few times. The patterns I 'm offering were profesionally made by a pattern maker in the SF bay area in the 60's I think. The drive wheel finishes to 7-3/4" The stroke is 1-1/2. The front truck wheel pattern is about 3-1/2 " The cylinder block pattern is very nice. It comes with the molds for making the interior port passages plus the core for the bore ( Finished bore after maching is 2" if I remember right) . We cast ours from Bronze. The casting box was also inc. The steam chest and cover pattern is also present as well as a pattern for the rod ends of the valve eccentrics . The last pattern I have is the tender truck wheel. 4' We built these loco's from an elevation drawing of the Grant loco and also used RR supplies prints for there 173. There are 2 pieces missing from the main driver pattern and the front truck wheel. That would be 2 round pieces of wood approx 2-1/4 " and 1-1/2 " in diameter by 3/4 tall . These are set into the back of the wheels while making the mold and used for thrust bearings after the wheels are done. (easy to make). The tender truck wheel does not use one. If I can find the elevation print of the Grant that we used I will provide it. (Providing I still have it ) For what I have (Shown in the Photos ) I asking 300.00 for what I have here. That includes shipping. If you have any more questions please send them to me via PM. Thanks for looking Bob...............
Attachments
DSCN9967.JPG
DSCN9968.JPG
DSCN9970.JPG
DSCN9971.JPG
DSCN9972.JPG
Last edited by Postwarbob on Fri May 06, 2016 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harold_V

Re: FOR SALE Patterns used in the building of ! -1/2" Grant

Post by Harold_V »

Postwarbob wrote: The casting box was also inc. (Cope and Drag ) ??? Don't remember if thats what they called them.
Casting box = flask

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.