New Poling Pockets from Fisher Detail Foundry

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

lfisher

New Poling Pockets from Fisher Detail Foundry

Post by lfisher »

Here at Fisher Detail Foundry we are adding 1.5" scale and 2.5" scale Poling Pockets to our product line after producing these for one of our wonderful customers. Our 1.5" scale pockets measure 1" square and come in a set of four for $50. These are direct 3D prints in Stainless Steel with your choice of natural, bronze, or black finish. We also offer a high resolution plastic version at $30. The only finishing required is to cut them apart and file off the remnants of the sprues. The 2.5" part measures 1.66" square or can be custom sized to your model. Prices on request. Http://fisherdetailfoundry.wordpress.com.
Attachments
IMG_2416.JPG
optigman

Re: New Poling Pockets from Fisher Detail Foundry

Post by optigman »

Beautiful to say the least Larry ! Very nice that the backside is hollowed out just like the prototypes castings to maintain uniform walls. The finish also looks very close to the way iron castings would age naturally in the elements. These will look very nice on my wood gondolas. Your product line has very fine quality detail products and is growing weekly it seems. Keep up the good work and keep us all updated about your latest creations ! Richard (btw, your website is very nice)
lfisher

Re: New Poling Pockets from Fisher Detail Foundry

Post by lfisher »

Thanks Richard! Glad you noticed that the castings are detailed like the prototype. This is something I try to do on many of the parts I make. For example the W.C. Gregg pattern couplers include the pattern marks and raised lettering with patent numbers.