Bobber caboose pedestal sets

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

OddDuck

Bobber caboose pedestal sets

Post by OddDuck »

I just finished the first run of bobber caboose pedestals. I have a baker's dozen sets in aluminum. Price is $150.00 per set, plus $12.50 for USPS medium flat rate shipping. I can fit multiple sets in a box. The set includes 4 pedestals and 4 journal boxes with lids.
These are rough castings and will need to be finished. I will include a photocopy of the plans I made the pattern from, but no machining instructions. I'm no machinist, the way I would finish them is probably not the best, easiest, or safest way to do it. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and can be done with simple hand tools if needed. Paypal only, I have horrible luck with checks through the mail. You can still pay the invoice via electronic check even if you don't have a Paypal account. Very secure, and there is a record of the transaction.
Pm me if interested, or email me at oddduckfoundry@msn.com .
Attachments
IMAG0152.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Re: Bobber caboose pedestal sets

Post by OddDuck »

Forgot to add, the prototype was from the CB&Q, the plan can be seen on my post in the build section.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

11 sets left.
NCBQGUY

Post by NCBQGUY »

I received a set of castings from Peter and they are very nice. They match the prototype drawings at 1 1/2" scale.

In case anyone is interested in building a CB&Q NM2 Bobber I have enough original railroad drawings to build one in 12" = 1'-0".
I am going through the drawings now to determine the dimensions for the plywood substructure, wood siding, frame pieces, springing, etc. to build one for myself.

The car appeared in an article by the late Hank Balinski (3" Scale CB&Q Live Steamer and Master Machinest) in the November 1954 Model Railroader. The drawings by J. Harold Geisel that accompanied the article are incorrect in several major details especially in the area of the cupola. Strangely enough after the Dean of Model Railroad Drafting passed I was able to purchase the original pencil sketch for the NM2 from his estate and it was more accurate than the published drawing!

This car is the one that is available in many RR Museum gift shops as a pencil sharpener that is a little smaller than HO Scale and a smaller version as a key fob. As a CB&Q fan I am biased but it is a nicely proportioned car with a 20' body that should make up into a nice 1 1/2" Scale waycar.

Charlie Vlk
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Thank you Charlie (and Charlie...) . To get these things moving, here's a deal. 2 sets for $250, 1at regular price. I also have something to do with them besides a bobber caboose. How about a set of trucks? Here's the drawing that Charlie Vlk sent to me.
Attachments
20170112_102741.jpg
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

It's been brought to my attention that I forgot to mention the scale, these are 1/8th scale.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Just a heads up for those who can make it, I will be sending a pile of sets to the Amherst Railway Society's train show in Springfield, MA this coming weekend. They will be with New England Steam Co's table, and 10% of the sale price will be donated to NESCO.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Since these are selling so well, ha ha, I am dropping the price to $100 per set. I still have 10 sets left.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

One more price drop, they are now half off the original price. $75.00 per set plus shipping.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

9 sets left...
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Price reduced to $50.00 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested. I still have 9 or 10 sets left.
jamesjgould

Post by jamesjgould »

Any left now ?
0-4-0
4-6-0
4-4-2
4-4-0
2-6-0(2)
5 batt elec
44 cars rolling stock
2400' 7 1/2" track