Beautiful, Loaded LE Pacific FOR SALE

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Oktrainboys

Beautiful, Loaded LE Pacific FOR SALE

Post by Oktrainboys »

Complete details coming very soon. Offering a loaded LE Pacific for sale, Coal fired, Functional on steam power Mosley turbogenerator (to power Headlight and Classification Lights), steam powered bell, Water pump, Injector. Hand pump. Gorgeous backhead, all valves recently cleaned and polished as in posted photo. Loaded. Steams perfectly. A fast Locomotive with optimized suspension for very good tractive effort with trailing loads and grades. CNW Livery in passenger scheme. LSB used religiously and boiler drained and opened after all steam ups. $21,000.00. Easy pickup from mainline with Engine lift. Facebook Mill Creek Railway for many HD pictures and video's. Beautiful Allen 10 wheeler in first photo posted also for sale.
Attachments
655914.jpg
655greatlowlight.jpg
6557.14.jpg
655backhead.jpg
LE PACFICA.jpg
David Weiss

Re: Beautiful, Loaded LE Pacific FOR SALE

Post by David Weiss »

This is a beautiful engine... Where is it and why are you selling it?
Dave
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Hi Dave, Thank You, She is a beautiful Engine. A real pleasure to steam and Engineer. All the bells and whistles with much sought after features. The Engine is located in Edmond, OK. Just off I-35. We have 3 coal fired steam locomotives for sale, this LE Pacific is the very least of the 3 that I want to sell. All reluctant sales. Kids in College, 4-8-4 coming.
Last edited by Oktrainboys on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

CNW 655 made the LE Catalogue this year, Lower right.
Attachments
LECatalouge.jpg
Rayerroad

Post by Rayerroad »

Hey Tanner,
Randy Rayer give me a call 316-644-3606
Thanks
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Oktrainboys wrote:CNW 655 made the LE Catalogue this year, Lower right.
So instead of a 521 college savings plan, this is the 655 plan?

Steve
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Another CNW 655 photo
Attachments
6557.14A.jpg
Last edited by Oktrainboys on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Actually, One of my Two Children has a FULL ride for 4 years of College, and the ride is not on CNW 655, but rather fully paid tuition by the University for 4 years.....perhaps Steve, since you are taking such great interest, the primary reason for these sales is the fact that I own 5 steam locomotives and two more are on the way soon, including a custom built Baldwin 4-8-4 by Wayne Godshall Custom Machining using original Baldwin plans. Does anyone really need 7, 7.5" gauge steam locomotives??
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Oktrainboys wrote: Does anyone really need 7, 7.5" gauge steam locomotives??
You can NEVER have too many steam locomotives!!!!
Keith
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Oktrainboys wrote:Actually, One of my Two Children has a FULL ride for 4 years of College, and the ride is not on CNW 655, but rather fully paid tuition by the University for 4 years
Congratulations! That's a major achievement. My boss, who is younger than me, just retired. The fact that his child got a 4-year scholarship to an ivy-league college certainly helped in that regard.
Oktrainboys wrote:.....perhaps Steve, since you are taking such great interest, the primary reason for these sales is the fact that I own 5 steam locomotives and two more are on the way soon, including a custom built Baldwin 4-8-4 by Wayne Godshall Custom Machining using original Baldwin plans.
I don't know if you somehow took offense to my comment; none was intended.

I was just wondering if this would be a way to save for college, particularly since when applying for financial aid they are going to ask you how much you have in cash and stock, but not how much you have in trains.
Oktrainboys wrote:Does anyone really need 7, 7.5" gauge steam locomotives??
I agree with Keith.
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Thanks for that Steve!