7.5 gauge Davenport project - $1300 ****SOLD****

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Caribou Doug

7.5 gauge Davenport project - $1300 ****SOLD****

Post by Caribou Doug »

I picked this project up with intentions of completing in the future but have to many other things that need my focus so it must go...
This is a gas powered Davenport that has a belt driven transmission (forward and reverse). There is a new 6.5 HP engine installed and 2 handles, one for engaging the belt and one for forward, neutral and reverse selection. The output shaft from the transmission has a chain drive to one axle and the axles are connected via visible eccentrics and side rods. The frame is comprised of steel and aluminum stock with removable pedestal binders for each axle and wood front and rear bumpers. The body is steel bracing with aluminum panels that are removable for accessing the engine/drive bays. Both left and right sides have hinged panels in the front that allows quick access to the transmission and chain drive components. This project was assembled but never tested or run by the original builder. I have started the engine and ran it on a test stand and noticed the side rods have an adjustable eccentrics that will need adjustment/rework as there seemed to be some binding as the wheels rotate. Overall it has the capability of being a fun little runner and a great beginner project. It is available in the Cleveland , Ohio area. It is available for local pickup but could be crated and shipped at buyers expense.
Attachments
CIMG1302.JPG
CIMG1285.JPG
CIMG1294.JPG
CIMG1293.JPG
CIMG1296.JPG
Caribou Doug

Re: 7.5 gauge Davenport project - $1300

Post by Caribou Doug »

PRICE REDUCED TO $1150 ... Need the space! I also may be able to assist with delivery as I will be traveling from Ohio to southern states to Florida
locoworks

Post by locoworks »

Good afternoon. I'm interested but have a couple of questions: (1) what scale is it? (2) what is approx weight? (3) what would you charge to crate it?
Please use PM for reply. Thanks
jamesjgould

Post by jamesjgould »

When are you coming to FL and where ? I'm in Zephyrhills.
0-4-0
4-6-0
4-4-2
4-4-0
2-6-0(2)
5 batt elec
44 cars rolling stock
2400' 7 1/2" track
Caribou Doug

Re: 7.5 gauge Davenport project - $1300 SOLD

Post by Caribou Doug »

Sold...