King Metallic Sanders by Keim Steam Pump

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Erie2936

King Metallic Sanders by Keim Steam Pump

Post by Erie2936 »

Hello fellow modelers! Those of you who know me and have purchased my products over years will not be surprised by the next gadget I have developed. I now have a working scale sander patterned from the King Metallic Packing Co body. This project has taken me over a year and a half to develop. The hard part was getting the air line in from the side as shown and per prototype installation, to agitate the sand and cause it to rain down the delivery pipe. There is a remarkably tiny core inside the body that makes all this possible, a challenging puzzle on several fronts. Anyway, I developed this sander since it is what I needed for my Erie 4-6-2. I hope that others will find it to be intriguing as well even if one chooses not to use working sanders on their locomotive.
I have found that regular bleached sand works the best. Glass beads clog up inside the delivery pipes. Crushed walnut shells are too coarse. Regular sand works every time. The delivery pipes should be the .030” wall stuff, not the heavy .060” wall stuff one may use for a pressurized water line.
The inlet and discharge are tapped for ¼-40 MTP. The air signal line is 1/8-56 MTP. The bodies are cast bronze and measure 1 5/16” across x 1 1/8” tall. On sale now for $70 each or $280 for a set of (4) postpaid in the continental US. PM me if interested.

I have a YouTube video showing one in operation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rQd1d ... e=youtu.be

Attachments
IMAG3250chaski.jpg
IMAG3249.jpg
IMAG3241.jpg
100_0951.JPG
Brian Keim
Loco112

Re: King Metallic Sanders by Keim Steam Pump

Post by Loco112 »

Really nice part, great detail.
765nkp

Post by 765nkp »

I just got my set of sanders from Brian today in the mail, they look awesome. I can't wait to install them.
Tim
david griner

Post by david griner »

Extraordinary work, Sir !!
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

How can I order some of these?....I looked at the website, and the products page won't open
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

You may not hear from this individual. He hasn't made an appearance on the board since last March.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

I do believe dave bortz/superscale offers the graham white sanders which would also look great on a locomotive
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »