MERCER PRODUCTS UPDATE

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Trainman4602

MERCER PRODUCTS UPDATE

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi all

I am currently finishing up a run of 45 starter valves. 30 are spoken for and I am awaiting the checks to come in. I will be making more castings this summer. The price is $125.00 each and includes shipping in the USA

Next I will be working on a run of 65 Safety Valves. 45 are spoken for so I have 20 left. I can set them from 95# to 145#. They have a 2 to 4 pound differential and are supplied with a 1/8 NTP thread. I can supply stainless steel reducer bushings to accommodate a larger opening in the boiler.
The price is $175.00 for pressures from 95# to 130# and $195.00 for pressures set from 135# to 145#

Then back on the injectors. I will be making a run of 75 unites, most are already sold. These will be available after extensive testing. I test all my products in the field before I will release them for the general public. I tested the safety valves for one year before I offered them for sale.

Product reliability is of the most importance to me and the Mercer Reputation of good quality products sold at a reasonable price.

Oh BTW I will be releasing the Bettendorf trucks soon within the month of April. These trucks will be Super Scale to use a phrase. They will feature a completely cored side frame and bolster. Not just some Chunks of cast iron. I will have several spring types available and the side frames will have working journal lids, not cast in. The bearing will be either ball or bronze self aliening type for both.

And the best part is that you can get all of this detail for the same pricing as the chunks of iron type.

A video of the safety valves at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHl2BGQLajM

Attachments
020.JPG
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES