EE UPDATE - Injectors, Starter Valves, and Fittings

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

EE UPDATE - Injectors, Starter Valves, and Fittings

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi everyone!

Let's get right to it -

Standard Injectors
First batch is out the door! Thank you to everyone who raised their hands early on for an injector.
Tomorrow I will be picking up ~80 units worth of castings for the second batch, which I anticipate having available in the next 6-8 weeks, as long as there are no surprises!

Nathan 1921 Starter Valves
Wax patterns are done for the first run of starter valves and will be sent to the foundry very shortly.
Each pattern was thoroughly inspected and if the lettering was not fully legible, it was discarded.
Nathan_1921.jpg
Nathan 1918A Injector
Pictured below is my prototype/R&D body which will be used to help design fixtures for production, but more importantly it will be at the LALS spring meet for folks to look at! I've been very pleased with the interested I've received in this injector, so I'm looking to put it into production after the starter valves are finished.
ee 1 (1).jpg
Pipe Fittings
Wax patterns for 3/16" fittings are complete! At the moment I'm finishing up 1/4" and will have the 5/16" pipe fittings all done next week, then off to the foundry they go.
These fittings have the smooth lofted curves just like the full size.
As a reminder, my line of fittings includes the following for each size:
• 180º elbows
• 90º elbows
• 45º elbows
• 90º street elbows
• 45º street elbows
• 3-way tees
• 4-way tees
• Couplings
They will be available on http://www.eccentricengineer.com (first come first serve) when they are ready.

Hope to see you in LA,

- Anthony Duarte (EE)
AnthonyDuarte

Re: EE UPDATE - Injectors, Starter Valves, and Fittings

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Some more good news!

Fittings
I've decided to add reducing elbows to my line of fittings. There will be 5/16" to 1/4", and 1/14" to 3/16"
I will be working very hard this week to make molds and shoot waxes in hopes of getting them in with the rest of the fitting patterns.

Nathan "Monitor" Injector in 2.5" Scale
The components for the Monitor injectors will be cast very shortly! I still feel confident these injectors will be delivered before the end of the year.

- Anthony
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

To all out there, I have seen in person the Injector working and it a very fine piece, working fantastic from all that had one on there engines at the track this past weekend on LALS track. Also seen the other projects and I can tell you this very fine quality and Berry would be worried if he was around.
I met Anothony for the first time and quite a man and still young. This please me to no end. To see this and what the hobby is turning a big corner. Yes turning a corner. I meet with a few supplier's this past weekend and we agreed to word together. I am so happy of the turn out and we will be opening your eyes in the near future. What is about to happen to this hobby has never been done before. The response I got back was big, very big. The program is going to move forward to the next level and hope you all like it. We will have more meetings in the future and set in place what we are going to announce. Think of it a IBLS of suppliers and yet more. I can not see fault in this program or union, it was received and even improve on with all party's joining input with more than I have had come up with. Not one negative comment and all is on board. Wish us well and when we release this, past it around. This is going to make the hobby grow. New blood, New faces, New ways to connect the builder to the hobby for connections. That's all for now and Thank you for your time.

Steve Alley
Allen Models of Nevada. and new friends.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi Anthony

What is the center to center measurements for 180 return elbows?

Thanks

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

really cool looking stuff that also works!
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Thank you for the kind words Bill and Steve!

Tim,
Center to center dimensions for the 180's are as follows:
3/16" - .35"
1/4" - .47"
5/16" - .60"
-Anthony
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Thanks

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.