MERCER LOCOMOTIVE ORDERING GUIDELINES

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Trainman4602

MERCER LOCOMOTIVE ORDERING GUIDELINES

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi All
I am setting up new guide lines for customers when ordering Please make note of them.

Sales are on the upswing. Just this week alone I sold around 40 starter valves. I have improved the tooling so that I can now turn them out quickly. Making our own castings helps quite a bit. Early on, having to rely on a foundry to make a so so casting, waiting and waiting for weeks and in some cases months only to get inadequate castings.

In the future when someone asked to reserve an item I will ask them to give me their email and possibly get a phone number.
In this manner I can have some communications flow, and get some idea how many I need to produce.

I’m on here three or four time a day or more but some frequent it less often. I have no problem with that.
I figure an email will get their attention.

My current contact information is

Email mercerloco@gmail.com

Mailing address is
Mercer Locomotive Works
254 W. Trenton Ave B311
Morrisville, PA

I accept payment with money orders or personal checks.
I have no credit card service.

On most items I ship free but some of the larger items such as trucks and other heavy parts I charge. I ship Usually by USPS flat rate.

I will promptly answer emails as well. I don’t take phone call on a regular basis. It just takes up too much of shop time.

If you are on a list to receive an item I will PM you or email you with the amount to send when I have them ready to ship

In return please acknowledge that you have gotten my message and you will be mailing out payment. I will hold the item and get it ready to ship. I do not send anything out without receipt of payment that is no more than fair. I usually ship the item within two days of receiving payment.

If you wish to cancel No Problem, but please let my know so I can sell it to the next person on the list.
Thanks Dave.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
JohnHudak

Re: MERCER LOCOMOTIVE ORDERING GUIDELINES

Post by JohnHudak »

Dave, is the Mercer website down?
dnevil

Post by dnevil »

Dave,

So glad to hear you are having an upswing in sales. Perhaps this is a sign of general economic growth which will provide live steamers with enough "discretionary funds" to continue pursuing the hobby. Hopefully other vendors are seeing an upswing as well.

Regards,
Daris
Daris Nevil
IBLS Secretary
North American Region
http://www.ibls.org
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi John

The web site is down do to an oversight. I recently change bank accounts so they shut it down for non payment. I just forgot to tell them the new account number.

It needs an update. I afraid to advertise on it do to the fact I may get too many orders and can't handle them and get in trouble with customers again. Don't want to go there again.
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Thanks Dave, I visit it now and then to look over your K construction photos, they help me to see how the Pennsy did things, while trying to figure out the G..
John
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

If You need a picture of a certain part email me a have over 4000 pictures of my locomotive as well as the prototype