Train Mountain Triennial vendors wanted

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

chiloquinruss

Train Mountain Triennial vendors wanted

Post by chiloquinruss »

Train Mountain is looking for vendors to display their wares at the upcoming 2018 Triennial. If you have a favorite vendor please ask them if they are coming or would like to come. Have them contact Train Mountain at: info@tmrr.org Thanks. Russ
Steve Alley

Re: Train Mountain Triennial vendors wanted

Post by Steve Alley »

Allen Models will be there. Also we took on the West Cost Supplier of EP Plastic (Accutie System) Two Booth along with the owners of Accutie System

We will be stocking ties and rail soon, Switches, screws, tie plates and the new u-bolt design bolting system that replaces the four bolt for the rail Joiner. Special ties for double rail across bridges and trestles. All pre drill on angles for the rail to be place in one spot, this make the rail in gauge with out using track gauges to assemble rail.
Currently installing a complete railroad in the southern Calif. area. Its a dream to use this system. Just screw rail to ties that are made with tie plate already on the tie. Screw rail on and go. Two man team make 10 foot panels in 7 1/2 min. Switches are pre drill ties that are number and rail pre drill for the ties. Follow instructions and make a switch in 90 mins or less. This plastic is design for 50 year life. No more loss screws from wood rotting away. Even trex wood will bend twist and screws loosen up in time. Track screws are 5/16 hex with a Philips head slot also. Washer on head of stainless steal screw are big and solid. Battery live on driving them in is a lot longer.
We put together 8 switches and 600 ft of track together in two half days with 5 people. I am so impress with this product. For new layouts and club tracks we will give a case of ties to try for free. Just try them and the cost is less than wood in most case's. .98 cent per tie. But for those out there we are expecting the cost to go up soon. So get on board now with intro prices.

Steve Alley
Mikadoguy

Post by Mikadoguy »

Railroad Supply Company will be there as well. We are filling out the paper work now.

Steve
vernon911

Re: Train Mountain Triennial vendors Precision Steel Car

Post by vernon911 »

Precision Steel Car will be at the Triennial with our complete selection of detail parts on hand. We are taking orders for rolling stock kits for free delivery to the meet pending available inventory based first order basis.

Paul and Jeremy
jessebanning

Post by jessebanning »

I have always wanted to go there. My first invite was 22 years ago. Unfortunately Banning Locomotive Works does not have any fuel friendly locomotives to run. I thought of going as a vendor but having coal fired locomotives, we are prohibited to run. Maybe one of these days we will have an eco friendly loco lol.
www.banninglocomotiveworks.com

www.littleengines.com
Gary Armitstead

Post by Gary Armitstead »

Steve Alley wrote:Allen Models will be there. Also we took on the West Cost Supplier of EP Plastic (Accutie System) Two Booth along with the owners of Accutie System

We will be stocking ties and rail soon, Switches, screws, tie plates and the new u-bolt design bolting system that replaces the four bolt for the rail Joiner. Special ties for double rail across bridges and trestles. All pre drill on angles for the rail to be place in one spot, this make the rail in gauge with out using track gauges to assemble rail.
Currently installing a complete railroad in the southern Calif. area. Its a dream to use this system. Just screw rail to ties that are made with tie plate already on the tie. Screw rail on and go. Two man team make 10 foot panels in 7 1/2 min. Switches are pre drill ties that are number and rail pre drill for the ties. Follow instructions and make a switch in 90 mins or less. This plastic is design for 50 year life. No more loss screws from wood rotting away. Even trex wood will bend twist and screws loosen up in time. Track screws are 5/16 hex with a Philips head slot also. Washer on head of stainless steal screw are big and solid. Battery live on driving them in is a lot longer.
We put together 8 switches and 600 ft of track together in two half days with 5 people. I am so impress with this product. For new layouts and club tracks we will give a case of ties to try for free. Just try them and the cost is less than wood in most case's. .98 cent per tie. But for those out there we are expecting the cost to go up soon. So get on board now with intro prices.

Steve Alley
Steve,

Just so I understand........you took over the Accutie System from Bill Zingheim? He WAS my vendor for this system. I used this for my short little layout around my home here in Burbank, CA. This is good news for all of us here in So. California. Vendor is now closer to us! I'm anxious to hear about the "switch building" concept you mentioned and the new ties for guard rails on bridges and trestles.
Gary Armitstead
Burbank, CA
Member LALS since 1980
Member Goleta Valley Railroad Club 1980-1993
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

Gary Good to here your use this system. I am going to LA to this privet track to build panel this next week. If you wish to see the switches and layout call me. 775-782-3800 More when call.
Steve
Ken Schroeder

Post by Ken Schroeder »

SHAY LOCOMOTIVES will be at the Train Mountain triennial. If anyone would like drawings or castings I can deliver them there and save you the shipping.

Ken Schroeder
shaylocomotive.com
shaylocomotives@charter.net
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

jessebanning wrote:I have always wanted to go there. My first invite was 22 years ago. Unfortunately Banning Locomotive Works does not have any fuel friendly locomotives to run. I thought of going as a vendor but having coal fired locomotives, we are prohibited to run. Maybe one of these days we will have an eco friendly loco lol.
what better way to show off your little locomotive, with a quick swap propane burner to grates :)
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.