Seachlight style dwarf signal 1.5" to 2.5" scale

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

rkcarguy

Seachlight style dwarf signal 1.5" to 2.5" scale

Post by rkcarguy »

Up for sale is a homemade searchlight style dwarf signal suitable for 1.5" to 2.5" scale. The housing is a powder-coated aluminum casting that I paint silver with a bake on high temp paint. The sunshade is handmade from a piece of aluminum pipe and also painted black with high temp bake on paint. The "light unit" is a handmade sealed assembly, consisting of a real glass 1-1/2" diameter lens, a diffuser laminated to the inside if the lens, a reflector, and 2 high intensity LED's offering a RED or Yellow aspect. These have resistors and screw terminals already installed for easy install and power via a user supplied 12 volt DC source. The entire light unit threads into the housing allowing it to be upgraded or replaced in the future. The signal is made to slide into a 1" conduit supplied by the user and secures with the supplied set screw in the collar. These will function fine in sun rain or snow, but will not handle being flooded as voltage crosses over the screw terminals and produces erroneous light levels in both LED's.

Pricing is $75 including shipping to the lower 48 states, and I will offer lower pricing for orders of multiple units. I have several more in the works, and will accept payments as they are completed and ready to ship on a first come first serve basis.

Pictures here:

https://imageshack.com/a/NLQl/1

My email is startingoveragain75@gmail.com, feel free to send any inquiries, and I can accept Paypal through the same email.

Note that these are not custom castings, but housings that I modify to suit such that I can offer a tough, semi-prototypical, and operational unit at an affordable price.
These are oversized a bit in scale, but are suitable for 1.5" to 2.5" scale in my opinion, being we have full sized people riding these trains:)
Steggy

Re: Seachlight style dwarf signal 1.5" to 2.5" scale

Post by Steggy »

rkcarguy wrote:These will function fine in sun rain or snow, but will not handle being flooded as voltage crosses over the screw terminals and produces erroneous light levels in both LED's.
Connecting a 100 ohm, 2 watt resistor across each LED may address this problem.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
rkcarguy

Re: Seachlight style dwarf signal 1.5" to 2.5" scale

Post by rkcarguy »

dwarf.jpg
reddwarf.jpg
ylwdwarf.jpg
Updated with some pictures.