wanted stuart compound model kit or parts

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

tghs

wanted stuart compound model kit or parts

Post by tghs »

I'm looking for a stuart model compound launch enginge kit,, as this is going to be a very modified project partial or started kits will be considered..
gwrdriver

Re: wanted stuart compound model kit or parts

Post by gwrdriver »

tghs,
I don't have a Compound kit, but I do have an NOS Twin Launch kit which I'll sell for $300 + shipping, if that would be of any interest.
Attachments
STTWIN.jpg
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
tghs

Post by tghs »

thank you for your reply and great offer.. the main parts of the kit I need is the compound block assembly.. much of the support frame will be scratch built to match the needs of this scale project..(the very visible compound engine is a must) I've priced the parts I need and buying the whole kit new might be my best option,,
gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver »

If that was the only piece I needed I might consider milling the block from a slice of G1 Dura-bar (continuous cast iron bar.) The bottom brackets/tabs for the standards might take a little creativity, but they could be worked out.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
tghs

Post by tghs »

I've looked at doing a "rudy kouhoupt" built up block and scratch building the entire engine, but with a few added lost wax castings the stuart kit fits the bill very well and will meet the scale details.. plus its dead on for 1/12th scale..
Image this is idea for the project