Allen Models Announcement

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve Alley

Allen Models Announcement

Post by Steve Alley »

Allen Models is now the West Cost Supplier for the ACCU-TIE SYSTEM

We have expanded and adding this to the line. Ties, Rail, Switches, couplers, and many more items will be stock in Gardnerville NV for future pick up and sales.
This system of ties are far better than wood could ever be. One it last, 50 year life to the UV add material in ties. Special Stainless Steel hex and Phillips head screws. Wood last maybe ten plus years it keep in good condition and screws are tighten yearly. But gauge needs to be keep a eye on for this.

Ties are pre-drill and tie plate for rail to hold into position and never loose gauge. No gauge tools needed to replace or start new construction of laying track.

New also is a U-Bolt that replaces the four bolts to put rail joiners together. Just think no longer another wrench to hold the bolt from turning. The U-bolt is 10-32 just as all or most joiners are today. Slip U-Bolt in and start the nuts, Tighten from outside the rail with electric driver and done.

Many different rail base sizes and gauge. 7 5/8 for 15/16 base rail is the fastest mover. You can put a 10 ft panel together using two man team in 9 min. The switch are Pre-drill rail and mark to there ties. Pre-bent and fast installment. One man take 1 1/2 Hr. per switch to make and complete with though switch arm. Also instruction book for layout. (With Pictures)

20 years I have been in this hobby and lay or replace and repair lots of rail. This system last long and is strong. Very impressive to see and use.
Not only fast to do layout but it holds up to the elements for long life.

Ties come 42 to a case. 45 boxes to a pallet. 1890 ties. makes 630 ft of rail length. $1.06 per tie for the west cost due to shipping cost. $2003.40 at the price of wood today and future, this is the way to go. Long Lasting and less Maintenance. Personally I like the less Maintenance part. Clubs are move to this fast and sell a lot to them.

Call (775)782-3800 or contact me at jetalley@aol.com

Steve Alley
Marty_Knox

Re: Allen Models Announcement

Post by Marty_Knox »

I am using their ties on my home railroad, and heartily recommend them!