Allen Models laser cut parts now on website

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Harlock

Allen Models laser cut parts now on website

Post by Harlock »

Allen Models is pleased to announce the availability of laser cut parts for frames, spring rigging and pilot trucks, to help builders greatly speed up their build time. Our first set of parts focuses on the Mogul, Consolidation, American, Ten Wheeler and Fitchburg Northern. All of the laser cut parts are in new sections with an “A” after the section number. For example, American Section 02A contains laser cut spring rigging parts related to the existing spring rigging parts in section 02.

By putting them in separate sections, it makes it easy to see what is new, and also differentiates between castings and laser cut parts.

For a list of all new parts all in one place, visit our new laser cut parts list: https://allenmodels.com/laser-cut-parts.html?limit=all

The American has new sections:
2A (spring rigging)
8A (front truck parts)

The Consolidation has new sections:
1A (front and back cross frame yokes)
2A (spring rigging parts)
5A (crosshead yoke)
9A (pilot truck parts)

The Fitchburg Northern has new sections:
2A (spring rigging parts)
5A (crosshead guide yoke)
6A (equalizer bar)

The Mogul has new sections:
2A (spring rigging)
9A (Wabash mogul swing link lead truck parts)

The Ten Wheeler has new sections:
9A (pilot truck parts)

We also have the Chloe / Fitchburg Northern Wire EDM Stephenson links officially on the site now:
https://allenmodels.com/catalog/product ... tegory/11/

if anything looks amiss or you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

Enjoy!
Attachments
18-01-19_allen-laser-parts-7862.jpg
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
Steve Alley

Re: Allen Models laser cut parts now on website

Post by Steve Alley »

I sure hope these new add parts are well receive and sell. For those old timers out there, we had to do it all and learn the hard way. We wanted to say we did it all. OK that is fine. But what I am ask, all the time is, can you build me a complete Locomotive. I don't have the equipment and knowledge.
What we are trying to offer is a easier way to build a Locomotive. I wish I had a list from state to state of machine shops that will do work for those that want a engine. So what I am doing is taking this company to a new level. Offering water jet frames, Laser cut parts, and hard to make Link and Blocks. More to come in the future.
But mostly think about what you write here. Because it hurts when negative things are written. O that's to much, or They should learn to do those parts them self's.
Most people that I am selling to are first time builder. So the hobby is not dyeing. Its really growing. Yes its slow but its happening. I see when I go to clubs.
We are trying to give the opportunity for the new first time builders a fast and accurate parts to use. The foundation of a house is so important. Also the frame of your Locomotive and spring rigging of a locomotive. Level, straight and heights.
I have been working with machine shops to have drop in cylinder group with cross-head and guides finish and ready to go. Its in the works and we are having a time getting it done. limit quantity will be on hand when it happens.
Also have the plans for Tender kits, Laser cut, pre-drill holes in 12 versions to make up what you want. Short or long fuel bunkers. Different sides to offer, Different lengths to offer.
We are also developing new engines. The new "Harpur Locomotive" 2-4-0 Its a short 2-6-0 Mogul engine.
In future things are a 0-6-0 using a new cylinder, This is to be a outside valve, Mean now the cylinder valve is inside buy 3/8" offset. The new cylinder Baldwin style is out side buy 3/8" Why you ask, to have all new combination of valve gear. Walcharts design , baker, Southern design. This opens a new combination of engines that can be built. Scratch builder and kit basher's will love this.
Anyway I have thin skin so watch what you say, Mom always says "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say a thing".
Thank You
Steve Alley
Allen Models
NP317

Post by NP317 »

The laser cut parts are an EXCELLENT addition! Well done!!
I remember carefully machining such parts from plate, wishing pre-cut parts were available.
I also fabricated steel parts to replace some of the aluminum parts.

I think you are taking Allen Models in a consistent direction that will help the first-time-builder construct their locomotives successfully.
Properly in the Spirit of Gene Allen.
~RN
Jawn

Post by Jawn »

Looks good to me, I'll snag the Mogul parts as budget allows.
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Those look nice! Even though I like to build stuff myself, making all those little parts with all those holes can quickly turn into quite a chore. I can definitely see the advantage of skipping having to make some of that stuff.