1.5" Scale Ride Astride Passenger Car Kits

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

SPSteam2491

Re: 1.5" Scale Ride Astride Passenger Car Kits

Post by SPSteam2491 »

Joe, when trucks are installed on a 1"x2" tubing, there is 1¾" of clearance between the rail head and the bottom of the drop section.
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

For those that were interested in a shorter 5' version for 1.5" scale, I will have those kits up for sale by next week. Got the prototype completed and now need to take some pictures with it. It is a great alternative to those that need a shorter car to fit in the back of their truck or van.
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops
JoeKahan

Post by JoeKahan »

I'm considering ordering one or two of these cars but have a few questions. You mention no welding. Does that mean that there is some type of bolster plate included/built into the kit? Can you post a picture of the bottom of car showing how/where the trucks attach? I like using Tom Bee trucks. Will I have any compatibility issues? Any update on the 5' car kits? Also, will you be visiting the Maricopa Fall Meet and possibly offering free delivery there?
Thanks,
Joe
Joe Kahan
C.E.O. Paradise and Warm Springs Railway
GE 23T Box Cab
Allen Chloe Project
M.O.W. Highrailer project
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

Joe,
I do not supply the metal parts with this kit but I do give detailed instructions on how the mount the trucks and couplers without welding. I show mounting instructions for both Tom Bee and Titan Trains/MCC and use both styles of trucks on my personal cars. I will post some pictures of both trucks.
I have been waiting for the weather and my photographers schedule to clear up so I can take the pictures. The plan is to take them tomorrow.
I won't be able to make the Maricopa Fall Meet but may be able to find someone from the Midwest that is going to assist in delivering some kits.
Thanks
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops