RS3 for sale on EBAY

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Highiron

RS3 for sale on EBAY

Post by Highiron »

I am posting this as a warning on behalf of the board of directors of the central Pasco and Gulf Railroad in Spring Hill Florida

There is an RS3 diesel locomotive for sale listed on eBay see the link below

This locomotive is currently involved in legal action and litigation and I would advise you to stay away from it anybody who has any questions regarding this should contact Central Pasco and Gulf Railroad President Jerry Smithson this matter has been reported to eBay and is being handled

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202311717643?ul_noapp=true

Mike Venezia

Director
Central Pasco and Gulf Railroad
Bill Donati

Re: RS3 for sale on EBAY

Post by Bill Donati »

I would also let everybody know a 5’ coal car was stolen from the car barn at central Pasco and gulf railroad and has been changed to road name New York Central last time it was for sale 3 weeks ago on DLS. Thank Bill Donati any info 727-639-7639
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

May I ask, was this done by a disgruntled member or former member, or by a regular street thief? You would expect this to get picked up by people in the hobby.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

If you know this car was advertised on DLS, was it reported to local police, or seized as evidence, or is it still out there?
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
rrtrax4501

Post by rrtrax4501 »

Per the ebay ad
THE LOCOMOTIVE WAS ORIGINALLY BUILT FOR AN ORGANIZATION THAT COULD NOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR IT AND IT WAS LEGALLY REPROCESSED..
So what is the warning for?
jamesjgould

Post by jamesjgould »

The statement about not affording the loco is a total fabrication. There is a long story related to this litigation.
It will be handled by a court of law and the criminal system.
0-4-0
4-6-0
4-4-2
4-4-0
2-6-0(2)
5 batt elec
44 cars rolling stock
2400' 7 1/2" track