3/4" truck casting kit

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: 3/4" truck casting kit

Post by Bill Shields »

I didn't say that I wasn't going to buy...just seeing if these is an alternate option.

I don't care about the wheel size...for a riding car, it matters not to me...
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Bill Shields wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 amI don't care about the wheel size...for a riding car, it matters not to me...
The smaller wheel size for scale is probably an advantage with the lower center of gravity.

Steve
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

steamingdon wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:19 pm These patterns are copies of Bill Van brocklin`s Andrews trucks.
I believe the patterns might actually be the original Van Brocklin and not copies.

I bought a set of these from Jim earlier this year and they are a great value for the price! I will most likely be purchasing a second set in the future!
-Frank K.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

No, I made the patterns from the originals. Bill had loose patterns, so I made a mold from those and used the reverse as the new pattern mounted on a match plate. You can`t beat the price.
steamer
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

steamingdon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:32 am No, I made the patterns from the originals. Bill had loose patterns, so I made a mold from those and used the reverse as the new pattern mounted on a match plate. You can`t beat the price.
Ah ok, that makes sense. When I purchased a set from Jim he mentioned they were an original design of Bill Van Brocklin so I thought he meant the patterns were original. Cool either way 8)
-Frank K.