1-1/2" Scale Sunbeam Headlamps

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

JBodenmann

1-1/2" Scale Sunbeam Headlamps

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
I have a new addition to my headlamp line, an angled number board version. Also a small improvement to both styles of headlamps, a castellated nut and cotter pin to hold the latch lever in place. Everything else is the same as before. All castings are investment cast yellow brass. The reflector is nickel plated copper. Photo engraved and highlighted builders plate. Very bright Krypton main bulb. Incandescent number board bulbs, 12 volt, and curved front glass. Painted and assembled only. Both lamp styles are in stock ready to ship priced at $425.00. I'll pay the shipping.
Have a great day
Jack
Attachments
Straight72.jpeg
ANGLE3 72.JPG
Rwilliams

Re: 1-1/2" Scale Sunbeam Headlamps

Post by Rwilliams »

Jack,

Now that is one sweet addition to an already wonderful headlamp. Sure makes those of us who appreciate detail salivate all over the computer keyboard.

Such improvements also bring up the question of could the older versions of your headlamp be upgraded to the new gold standard?

My headlamp feels neglected after seeing the improvements on the computer screen.

Robert
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Thank you Robert for the most generous compliments. I am sure we can arrange an update for your headlamp.
Jack
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I think he's just taking pictures of the full size ones and passing them off as scale :-)

Very nice work, Jack.

Steve
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Hey Steve shhhh. Your letting the cat out of the bag. Actually thank you very much for the compliment. While I'm here, a little info. The tiny castellated nut is .109 over the flats. The slots are .020 and the cotter pin is .015. The whole mess fits on a #0-80 stud. Too much fun!
Jack