New Tender Tank Kits

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve Alley

New Tender Tank Kits

Post by Steve Alley »

Hi to all, Today I ship out the new tender tank kits. 5 of them. Intro pricing right now and by end of month prices are going up. I ran into extra cost for this kits that I did not expect. We are in the future developing other tank kits. Hopefully flare top sides for new style for the American and Fitchburg Northern. These are optional styles for the future. So for now we have the standard 30" kit and the 36" kit w/standard 8" coal bunker.
I would like to here from others what they would like in a tender tank kit. We are going to stay the same with, but length and features is what the changes is about. I did not add drains, water valves, or hand grabs. These are future that change with personal style. So customer can do as they wish with these tanks to outfit them with detail. Reason is to offer a tank at the lowest possible cost. I expect the cost to go up $100.00 dollar per kit after this month. So grab them now.
Allen Models is looking at different item at this time. We are adding to the products for those with less skills as has been in the past. Meaning we are busy life styles, just don't have that extra time to do it all. If there is things that you would like seen to be offered, I am open ears. Note we will most likely not have ready to run engines. This has been done by other in the past and there not around, must be a reason for this.
Since I have taken over Allen Models and offer new products, its been a win win for both Allen Models and customer that always wanted a steam Locomotive to build. I am looking at new ways to offer the customer a faster way to reach there goals of owning a Steam Locomotive. I have with major help develop new engines and Product line of parts that are difficult to make. Also with accurate fit to assemble quickly. Getting the customer parts that save money and time for the customer. And still keeping the price's of kits low.
Most know that I have change the Aluminium parts to cast iron. These have been received very well and added to the weight of the engine. Make these engines have greater track-tive effort in doing so.
What I am try to offer is a easier kit to built, but still keeping cost down. (Hard to do) I have plans for other engines, but at this time its down the road. Not releasing what there are. But there going to be great loco's.
Most don't know I have taken another line on. This is the Accu Tie or EP plastic tie company. I am amaze at the sales and product line. I am also on the second full installment of a privet Railroad. And we have Three more bids on other's going on. Looking to hire more laborers for this. We pay outstanding wages, once you prove yourself and work efforts and ethics. Soon more on this.
Thank You for your time to read this long list of what's happening here.
Steve Alley
Head Floor Sweeper.
gwerhart0800

Re: New Tender Tank Kits

Post by gwerhart0800 »

Steve,

First off, thanks for all that you are doing to make building a locomotive more achievable for those of us with less skill (and less time). I ordered one of the 30" kits for the Fitchburg Northern project engine that I purchased recently. I had also ordered the casting set for the tender frame and I am close to getting that built. I am looking forward to getting the tender done and as I evaluate the machining of the other components, I may be coming back for some of your "ready-to-run" components like the link & block assembly.

BTW, what size are the rivets for the tender kits? I need to order some tooling.
George Erhart
Loveland, CO
https://lovelandcreatorspace.com
jb bergman

Post by jb bergman »

Yes, please offer longer ones in the future for the Hudson, Northern and Heavy Pacific guys!
Thanks for all you are doing for us!
JB
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

I am only making Tender Kits for our engines. It would be crossing lines to do other Manf. tenders. I don't do that. If they contact me for this I can do so. But at a cost naturally. I have more than enough on my plate for Allen Models than to do others. We all are stand alone company's. I respect RRSC and Little engines. I would not do others and I expect them not to do Allen Models. I do share how to others and leave it at that.
Thank You
Steve Alley
Karl_Losely

Post by Karl_Losely »

For those who want longer tenders for the larger steam engines, check out Locoparts. He has them.