Loading up for Winter

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve Alley

Loading up for Winter

Post by Steve Alley »

Today is the second to last trip to the foundry. Load up with castings. Two reasons. One don't want to travel over the mountain pass in winter with heavy load. Two get this done before Back operation on Dec 11. L5 is push out and needs trimming. Hair cut for the back.
One more trip for drivers to stock up on. Also the Alu and brass, bronze casting are near done. Trip to LA for that one.
Going back one more time for work at the TCT track in Tarzana to work on Phase III , Building new ballast cars for the company to handle loader buckets. 7 ft car 15" high. End dump type. Shovel out the back. Less re-railing in this method.
Hope to have work in shop and get caught up with projects. Like new cylinder pattern. No cores for ports. By the way I have done the large cylinder M156 with out ports now. Drill ports your self. Easier then to hold measurements using ports to measure by.
Next is the long a waiting for springs leafs to be made. Chloe and FN first. Then the M-125 witch all leafs are made up from. 27 different lengths total need for stock.
Thank You all my customers this year. We hit the target for the year already.
Steve Alley
Greg_Lewis

Re: Loading up for Winter

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Good luck on the back, Steve. Back surgery is not fun. Follow your post-op instructions to the letter! No cheating!
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
tbro

Re: Loading up for Winter

Post by tbro »

Yes Steve listen to Glen. Had discectomy many years ago and thought I knew more than the docs. One year to the day, I was back under the knife again. Heed there warnings and don't push recovery time. Good luck along with good health :!: