Cylinder Saddle M172-1 Casting

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve Alley

Cylinder Saddle M172-1 Casting

Post by Steve Alley »

I went to the foundry today and pick up two cylinder saddles. One is sold and the other is for a person that is waiting for his. But I forgot who this is. Shoot out to the one that needs to contact me ASAP. Next ones in two to three weeks out to get them from the foundry.
Steve Alley
Steve Alley

Re: Cylinder Saddle M172-1 Casting

Post by Steve Alley »

Ok Found him, took two days looking at past invoice 2 months back. Too many. All are sold at present time and due in two to three weeks to have more. New change in core for this to except for the narrower 7 1/4" track. Frame is move in and the center to center line of cylinders is move in. So the meat of the saddle casting is thicker now to allow bolting up to better. Too Thin before. Changes like this is what I am doing with patterns. Just trying to improve them a bit. Have a great Holiday out there.
Thank You
Steve Alley
Allen Models.
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

Get back to all that was interested in the M172-1 Saddle's . As you know we were out of these for some time and I have made a change to the pattern to make them thicker on the inside for 7 1/4" gauge engines. So I received two a couple of weeks ago and ship them to back orders. Today Dec 21 I pick up two more and they are going out to 2 more back orders. Leaving on more back order to fill. But there has been others out there not sending in order yet to get there's. I think its time to send those order by Jan. 1 st. Foundry this next weeks in make more and more. So just in case get your orders in now to get them sooner.
Thank You and have a Merry Christmas to all.
Steve Alley
Allen Models
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Steve:
I hope your posting indicates that your back surgery was successful, and you are re-entering life!
Merry Christmas to you.
~RussN