Laser cut turnout stands, kit or assembled ****SOLD OUT**** (more coming)

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

dash9

Re: Laser cut turnout stands, kit or assembled ****SOLD OUT**** (more coming)

Post by dash9 »

Thanks.
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

Just wanted to provide an update on these and also ask for some feedback from potential and repeat buyers as I've received numerous inquiries for more of these. My workplace is not willing to do the shipping/packaging, or purchasing of the bushings and springs, but will supply me the laser cut parts IF I tab them into small sheets (the end user would basically get a steel switch stand kit that the parts would twist out of a "sprue"). This keeps the small parts from falling through the table and prevents making the operator pull out the bins under the laser to search for all the parts.
Beyond that I have a couple options, I can supply the laser cut parts only at a reduced price and then you supply your own bushings, spring, shaft, and bolt/nut (they are easy and cheap parts from Amazon). Or, I'll need to get a "hobby" business license and assemble/ship all the parts for the kits as before. Thoughts?
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

Here is what I've drawn up. The parts would ship with tiny tabs (like .020" wide) still connected to the piece of plate that are easy to knock or twist out.
swstandkitsprue.JPG
Brian Hilgert

Post by Brian Hilgert »

That is a nice kit! For the price. I’d buy a kit... and I don’t even have a switch.

My suggestion is that you supply the laser cut pieces only. You can provide a list of all other hardware with McMaster-Carr part numbers and let the buyer purchased them separately. This would save you the hassle of Purchasing and inventorying all the extra parts. Shipping is now only two flat pieces of steel Depending on the markup of the extra parts, it’s probably not worth your time to deal with them. Just my two cents
B
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

Here is a couple pictures a forum member was kind enough to send me, being I'm a ways out from having an of mine actually installed and on the ground.
RussSwstand.jpg
RussSwstand2.jpg