Laser cut diesel truck kits w/wheel blanks 1.5" scale

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

rkcarguy

Laser cut diesel truck kits w/wheel blanks 1.5" scale

Post by rkcarguy »

I have for sale 6 sets of truck frames with steel wheel blanks that were originally ordered by a Chaski and Train Mountain member which passed away in May. His widow would like me to re-sell them if possible.
Here's what I know:

-These were intended for a 1.5" scale universal box cab type locomotive kit from plans purchased online.
-The side frames and cross frame pieces are cut from 3/4" thick plate. The cross frame pieces are meant to bolt or weld across the ends, but they could be installed anywhere they clear the wheels.
-The axle centerlines are 13"
-The bearing pocket cutouts are sized at 1.756" wide, so a 1-3/4" wide/square bearing housing would slide in there nicely.
-The equalizer bars are included, two per side frame (8 per kit), and include small blocks of 3/4" plate to tie them together and support the bottom of whatever springs end up being used.
-8 Steel wheel blanks are included, they are 1" thick laser cut steel plate 5-1/2" in diameter(40" plus flanges and some extra for cleanup cut) with no center holes, so axle size is still whatever you want it to be.
-All steel plate is A572-Grade 50 laser quality plate melted and manufactured in the USA.

-These parts were cut on our shops 5000 watt laser and have little to no warping and camber, and nice smooth cuts. No machining will be needed on the truck frame parts. These are heavy and super stout being made from 3/4" steel plate. Kit weight will be about 85#'s shipped.

Asking $250 per set (one locomotives worth), plus shipping via USPS flat rate priority will run about $45 with insurance to the lower 48 states via 2 large flat rate boxes.
Dalesparts1.jpg
Dalesparts2.jpg
Dalesparts3.jpg
rkcarguy

Re: Laser cut diesel truck kits w/wheel blanks 1.5" scale

Post by rkcarguy »

5 sets remaining....