A new sign from ODF

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

OddDuck

A new sign from ODF

Post by OddDuck »

It's been a while since I have made a new sign, and I had someone request one a few months ago. I ran across a picture of an original I liked on Discover Live Steam, and managed to make a 1/4 scale copy. It came out really nice, in spite of my lack of freehand painting ability. Not sure what road the original was from, it wasn't mentioned in the add.
Yes, I will have some for sale, price will be $15 unfinished, and $25 painted. I have decided that finishing signs up is worth a premium, it's a time consuming process and truth be told most anyone else could do better than me. I have 4 unfinished ones right now, I will probably have a half dozen or so more tomorrow.
I have 9 left from the dozen I cast. And yes Dick, I know, but man does not live on Alco trucks alone.
Attachments
IMG_20191110_173543543.jpg
IMG_20191111_132245788.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
PRR5406

Re: A new sign from ODF

Post by PRR5406 »

These are very well done and beautiful signs, Peter! What a shame a person can't approach them while riding on a newly cast set of ALCO Type "B" locomotive trucks. Now that's the ticket to ride!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."