Six Wheel Buckeye trucks

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

theg8nw

Six Wheel Buckeye trucks

Post by theg8nw »

Who out there offers Six Wheel Buckeye tender trucks as rough castings or semi finished such as wheels and axles done, and with air brakes?
1-1/2" scale 7 1/2" gauge

Or does anyone have a set of castings sitting on the shelf ?

Thanks
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
Steggy

Re: Six Wheel Buckeye trucks

Post by Steggy »

theg8nw wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 pm Who out there offers Six Wheel Buckeye tender trucks as rough castings or semi finished such as wheels and axles done, and with air brakes?
1-1/2" scale 7 1/2" gauge

Or does anyone have a set of castings sitting on the shelf ?

Thanks
Have you looked at Tom Bee?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
theg8nw

Post by theg8nw »

Yes I did try tombeeonline and they emailed me back saying "we no longer sell the semi finished kits.  We only sell the finished trucks.  We do not sell air brake kits for buckeyes."
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

theg8nw wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:19 am Yes I did try tombeeonline and they emailed me back saying "we no longer sell the semi finished kits.  We only sell the finished trucks.  We do not sell air brake kits for buckeyes."
I guess things have changed since Tom sold the business. :?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Bob Chamberlain

Post by Bob Chamberlain »

I think you are correct about Tom Bee things have changed. at least you got an Email out of them, I got a big zero after four attempts
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Jim Kreider has a great casting set for six wheel Buckeye tender trucks. Also investment cast bronze brake rigging. I have put these tender trucks together and they are very nice. These are the trucks for the Nickel Plate Berkshire tenders. This is the only photo I could find .
Jack
Attachments
Tender Truck.JPG
jessebanning

Post by jessebanning »

We ( Little Engines) have buckeye trucks. However, are currently out of stock on the castings. I anticipate to have more in a few months.. If you are in a hurry, I agree with Jack and contact Jim.
www.banninglocomotiveworks.com

www.littleengines.com
locoworks

Post by locoworks »

I've got a set of machined Little Engines buckeye 6-wheel castings together with wheels and axles sitting on my shop shelf. The brake cylinders, shoes, etc are not machined. All in iron and very (very) heavy. Drawings too. Make an offer........