LSB4000 & LSB8000 Boiler Treatment

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

steveleatherman

LSB4000 & LSB8000 Boiler Treatment

Post by steveleatherman »

I have recently become a sales partner with Jim Conte at Boilersaver and I will be helping him with his business along with the continued promotion of the live steam hobby. I have both the Terlyn LSB4000 and LSB8000 for sale.

If you are not familiar with the products, LSB4000/8000 is designed for removing existing scale and corrosion deposits in steam boilers. Once the boiler has been running the product, it will significantly prevent future build up of scale and corrosion by creating a molecular bond with the boiler internals if continually used in makeup feedwater. LSB helps to keep the scale, minerals, and other particulate found in feedwater in suspension while in the boiler. Most of the debris exits during periodic blowdowns or washouts and the molecular coating of the LSB does not allow it to bake on to the boiler internals.

LSB can be used in boilers constructed with both copper, steel and stainless steel. With copper boilers, we recommend a reduced dosage that results in a bluish/green patina on the inside of the boiler. Also, it can be used with all types of water (city or well, hard or softened water). It does not cause priming, foaming or carry over during operation (with the exception of cleaning a very dirty boiler).

The LSB line of products does not drastically alter the pH of the feedwater, but over time will slightly raise the pH when continually used with water around 7.0. Both the total dissolved solids (TDS) and feedwater pH can be periodically monitored for the best results while using LSB. Some operators can even tell when to blowdown by the sound of the exhaust or the tone of the whistle.

The LSB4000, which is good for larger boilers such as grand scale locomotives or traction engines. This comes in quart bottles for $50 each. The LSB8000, which is used by 1.5" scale and smaller live steamers is in pint bottles for $13 each/$25 for 2. The products are the same; the LSB4000 has a higher concentration for larger boilers. Most of the important dosing instructions are printed on the bottle and they are graduated for easy application.

Shipping is USPS Priority Flat Rate of $15. If you are local to the Northeast, I will have the Boilersaver products if you see me at a meet (PLS, NJLS, ALS, PVLS, FLLS, WLS). Jim is also planning on attending the live steam meet at Mill Creek in August.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at steveleatherman (at) gmail (dot) com or check out the Boilersaver website at www.boilersaver.com.
Attachments
20200129_180104.jpg
20200129_180134.jpg
Owner/Operator of BoilerSaver - "Ask the User" - www.boilersaver.com

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D
10 Wheeler Rob

Re: LSB4000 & LSB8000 Boiler Treatment

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

I look forward to getting a resupluy at PVLS or WLS this summer.