(2) 1" Scale 4-8-2 projects for sale.

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Mike Walsh

(2) 1" Scale 4-8-2 projects for sale.

Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi everyone, I'm selling my (2) 1" Scale 4-8-2 projects. I have decided that I need to focus on other activities and these two are the projects that need to go.

This is nothing more than a 1" Scale pacific, extended with an additional axle.

What you see in the photos is what I have available for sale. I have made up much of the suspension rigging - no leaf springs. Frames have been about 90-95% machined, save for the drilling of various components such as valve gear hanger, etc.

Bearings and races are included.

Journal boxes have been hedged together from varying projects.

I have drivers for these two projects. They are in varying states of completion. A handful of raw castings, the rest are in some form of machined condition. None have had their crankpin holes drilled, which is one of the features that I was looking for while trying to source these.

I am asking $1600 plus shipping per locomotive. When you reach out to me, we can discuss exactly what is included. Some critical components will need to be machined, but I consider this project to contain the "meat of the project".

If you are interested in both, we can negotiate a two-for-one deal.

I suspect that I can get a vast majority of components for this locomotive in USPS flat rate boxes. I suspect shipping to be about $125 via USPS flat rate, which is at the buyer's expense. Anything above that, I will cover. I am located in St. Louis, MO.

Please send PM's with inquiries. Thanks in advance!

Mike
94394284_242123483567998_6900244193751334912_n.jpg
Mike Walsh

Re: (2) 1" Scale 4-8-2 projects for sale.

Post by Mike Walsh »

Also included is a set of Atlantic/Pacific drawings as well as a copy of my CAD Drawing.
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

Mike, Is that a cast aluminum 6 cylinder engine block on the far center left? bc
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

BClemens wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm Mike, Is that a cast aluminum 6 cylinder engine block on the far center left? bc
LOL good eye.

We made these as mementos at the foundry I work for. I have a handful.