Wanted: Tolomatic Gearbox

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

nocengr

Wanted: Tolomatic Gearbox

Post by nocengr »

Greetings. I'm looking to purchase two (2) Tolomatic Gearboxes, Model 0294-0200. Lefthand type with 3/4" x 1" bore. I've contacted Tolomatic directly and was told they only sell their products through a distributor. Any information on how or who to purchase the gearboxes is appreciated. I would consider used gearboxes if available.

Thanks,
Tom
Steggy

Re: Wanted: Tolomatic Gearbox

Post by Steggy »

nocengr wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:58 pm Greetings. I'm looking to purchase two (2) Tolomatic Gearboxes, Model 0294-0200. Lefthand type with 3/4" x 1" bore. I've contacted Tolomatic directly and was told they only sell their products through a distributor. Any information on how or who to purchase the gearboxes is appreciated. I would consider used gearboxes if available.

Thanks,
Tom
Knowing your location would help in getting answers. :D

BTW, you can order on-line on Tolomatic's website. Be prepared, however, to pay list price.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Tolomatic seems to be very good about replying to inquiries. I just went through a similar search with them and they had a local distributor contact me directly the next day.

Just use this link and fill out the form on their contact page.

https://www.tolomatic.com/support/find-a-distributor

BTW, I found a bunch of used tolomatic gear boxes on eBay.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
nocengr

Post by nocengr »

Hello BDD. I'm located just outside Mojave, Calif. in the little community of Rosamond. I'll try the web site.

T.
fly5150

Post by fly5150 »

nocengr wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:58 pm Greetings. I'm looking to purchase two (2) Tolomatic Gearboxes, Model 0294-0200. Lefthand type with 3/4" x 1" bore. I've contacted Tolomatic directly and was told they only sell their products through a distributor. Any information on how or who to purchase the gearboxes is appreciated. I would consider used gearboxes if available.

Thanks,
Tom
I'll take a look, I may have a few used of these on a shelf. I'll let you know in the next day or two.

-Dave