Wheel turning service

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Andypullen

Wheel turning service

Post by Andypullen »

Hi all,

I just recently added a 14" Reed Prentice lathe to my shop. If there's anybody out there that needs drivers or tires turned up to 14" (The lathe will swing 16 1/2"); send me a sketch or drawing and I'll quote them for you.

References available.

I can run other types of parts as well.

awpliamloc at verizon dot net

Thanks,

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Here are some drivers ready for the bead blaster prior to painting and tread turning....Crankpin holes and keyways to be done as well.
Attachments
Jon's drivers.jpg
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

A photo of the back side of a wheel from the same order in the lathe.
Attachments
Jon's driver.jpg
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Here's a flyweight being machined for a Roll Models 2-6-2.
Attachments
Flyweight in lathe.jpg
Andypullen

Bump

Post by Andypullen »

Lathe is open...Any kind of lathe work....Smokeboxes, wheels, tires, flyweights, axles, journal boxes, etc...

Andy Pullen
hollahan

Post by hollahan »

I just received my drivers (the ones in the pictures), and the workmanship is first class. I am so glad I gave the work to Andy instead of fighting with my Chinese lathe - nothing like having the right tools to do the job right.

Jon Hollahan
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Thank you for the kind words, Jon...

I take my time and am not trying to get "rich" doing this. If I can help somebody out and make a little "mad money" or trade something in the process, I'm happy.

Making wheels is fun for me....You gotta like what you're doing....

Andy Pullen
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Let me put in a plug for Andys work.... He did the 16 wheels for the F-3 project for me, they all look incredible... And the price was great!
John
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Thanks John,

I've got 16 more blanks cut for the other pair of Fs....I ought to have them for you at CF next month...

Andy
Andypullen

Bump

Post by Andypullen »

Here are some Allen Models Mogul drivers that I'm waiting on journal boxes for from the customer. They will get bead blasted again to clean them up before shipping.

Andy Pullen
Attachments
AllenMogul drivers.jpg
Andypullen

Re: Wheel turning service

Post by Andypullen »

Here is an ashpan I made for another client. Sheet metal isn't exactly my strength and I'm not a welder, but I can make stuff like this as well. I'll be posting pics of castellated nuts for crankpins in a day or so....

awpliamloc at verizon dot net is my home email. Change the "at" to @ and the "dot" to .
410-652-2850 for my cell. When I'm at my day job (6:30am eastern time to 4:00pm); the cell doesn't work in the building, so leave a message....I'll call you back.

Thank you,

Andy Pullen
Attachments
ashpan resized2.jpg