If you post an offer ------

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Harold_V

If you post an offer ------

Post by Harold_V »

Be advised that anyone who posts an offer must also post one advising those who may be interested that the offer has been withdrawn when it is no longer available. Makes no difference why, be it already sold, or a change of mind---let readers know it is no longer available, to avoid wasting the precious time of those who may have had an interest.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
SteveM

Re: If you post an offer ------

Post by SteveM »

Harold_V wrote:Be advised that anyone who posts an offer must also post one advising those who may be interested that the offer has been withdrawn when it is no longer available. Makes no difference why, be it already sold, or a change of mind---let readers know it is no longer available, to avoid wasting the precious time of those that may have had an interest.

Harold
And if you make an offer, or just post an "I'm interested", make a note if you are no longer interested (or delete the posting, if possible) so that people know that it is still for sale, otherwise people will figure it's gone and that's not fair to the seller.

Steve
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

The best thing is to PM the person selling the item that you are interested in buying it. I don't usually post the ***SOLD*** marking until the interested party has agreed to buy it and is sending money
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Jerry_H

Post by Jerry_H »

Which is right. The buyer can always back out until "the check's in the mail".

Jerry
www.chaski.com