Anybody need a 1.5" scale throttle quadrant?

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Andypullen

Anybody need a 1.5" scale throttle quadrant?

Post by Andypullen »

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to make a throttle quadrant for a LE 0-4-0 in 1.5" scale...Just the curved piece the the throttle rod is guided by. I'm going to use 1/8" steel flatstock, bead blast and shine them up a bit....Does anybody need one for any projects in the forseeable future? $20 each...

I'll try to take a pic when I get one made....

Thanks,

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Oilcan

Re: Anybody need a 1.5" scale throttle quadrant?

Post by Oilcan »

Andy:

Would that be a configuration I could use on the Allen Mogul?

Neil
Editor Emeritus - Live Steam & Outdoor Railroading
Allen Mogul under construction
Electric RS3
Stationary Steam
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Hi Neil,

I made 4 of them yesterday afternoon. I only need one for the engine I'm building for a client. Attached is a pic of them next to a scale and a quarter. As I said, I only have the parts in the pic for sale.

I don't see why you couldn't use it on an Allen locomotive. I can run a copy of the full print with the other parts for you if you want. There is one casting and a bunch of little pieces of flat stock in the assembly.

Andy Pullen
Attachments
Throttle quadrant.jpg
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Hey Neil,

Here's the finished assembly. I could be persuaded to make the rest of the parts if you want one. The hole through the middle of the base piece is 1/2" diameter...That should be plenty of material to machine to fit whatever sticks out of the end of the staytube....

Andy
Attachments
throttle.JPG
JD Johnson

Post by JD Johnson »

Andy,

I would be interested in one of your quadrants for my Allen Mogul. PM me the cost.

JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Hi all,

I'm cuttlng material for some more of throttle quadrants....One is spoken for....Anybody else?

Andy Pullen
JD Johnson

Post by JD Johnson »

Everyone,

I just received my quadrant and am very very pleased with my purchase.

It saved me lots of time indeed.

Thanks Andy!

JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian