WTB WSLC drawings

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve C

WTB WSLC drawings

Post by Steve C »

I am wondering if anybody here might know where I might be able to find drawings from the late Russ Simpson. I am interested in the drawings he did of the westside lumber company. I know he was an ho modeler but I am hoping someone here has heard of him or can point me in the right direction.
If it won't fit force it, if it breaks it needed replacing anyway!

www.southerncalifornialivesteamers.com
makinsmoke

Re: WTB WSLC drawings

Post by makinsmoke »

Steve,
There is a WSLCo Yahoo Group.
I'd start there, plus the several excellent books on the West Side have drawings as well as lots of photos.

Rio Grande Models offers WSLCo in HOn3 and On3 and buying one of their kits nets you a drawing in that scale.

I can tell you from experience that the RGS Plow Flanger 01 and 02 drawings are very suitable to scale up and one can build a very nice model in any scale with them. I would expect nothing less from their WSLCo kits and drawings. Probably worth the price of a kit for the drawings.

Is there anything specifically you are looking for?

Brian
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Our clubs infield is rather dull and overrun with weeds. I am thinking af adding some scale structures that can also work as functional car barns. Plus I am building a shay, so what better place to park it than at westside lumber.

makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

Well,
I have some Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazettes that have WSLCO articles in them, some specifically with the oil and sand facilities, slash burner, etc.....

Brian
gcarsen

Post by gcarsen »

Russ's Wife just held his estate sale a month or 2 ago. selling of all the stuff. if you look back an issue or 2 or 3 in the Narrow guage shortline gazette, in the front under notices. that was where the sale was anounced. her email address was there. it may be worth while to drop an email to find out if you could get some copies, or she might be able to send you to someone who could take care of you.
I know his 1/48 car kits are masterpieces! board by board and perfect scale! just take the prints and dimensions, multiply by 10 and there is your 7.5 ,2.5 scale narrow guge cars!
He was one heck of a modellor, I read somewhere that he did alot of the models for the original star wars and indiana jones i believe before all the CG was perfected. and was the only model maker that had a standing welcome to bid on model work for Lucas and Spielburg with out having to be invited.
i believe he also did a line of logging detail parts in 1/2 or 3/4 scale,, i remember some being listed on ebay a while back.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Could you pm me with the e-mail I don't suscribe to the narrow guage shortline gazette.

Thanks,

Steve