2 1/2" trucks

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Loco112

Re: 2 1/2" trucks

Post by Loco112 »

wrightrailworks@gmail.com, (989) 330-6663 has 2 1/2" scale Vulcan trucks used on the East Broad Top for $500. he advertises in Live Steam Magazine
Does anyone know anything; name, history, etc.. about the advertiser/supplier above?
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

I do - Adam Wright worked for me at the Huckleberry RR summers while attending Michigan Tech. He also helped return the Porter at Lake Linden to steam. Tom Bee has worked with him developing the trucks.
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

Are there pictures available?

John
jschoenly

Post by jschoenly »

I sent him an email and he gave me a link to the pictures. Look like very well detailed castings!

http://www.solidesign.bizland.com/wrw.html
Jared Schoenly

Cabin Fever Expo
Model Engineering of all sorts.....
skid-roe

Post by skid-roe »

http://www.solidesign.bizland.com, for the Vulcan trucks they advertise in Live Steam Mag
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

A friend ordered several sets from Real Trains. They came with 1.5" scale journal boxes and the remainder sized for 2.5" scale. Thus, the axleboxes look too small for the trucks. Maybe a fluke? Don't know. I doubt they are all like this.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Benjamin Maggi wrote:A friend ordered several sets from Real Trains. They came with 1.5" scale journal boxes and the remainder sized for 2.5" scale. Thus, the axleboxes look too small for the trucks. Maybe a fluke? Don't know. I doubt they are all like this.
That's a bummer if true. If I see anyone from real trains at LALS tomorrow I'll see if that's still the case.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

skid-roe wrote:http://www.solidesign.bizland.com, for the Vulcan trucks they advertise in Live Steam Mag
Those look nice and hopefully not too expensive. I've emailed to see what the availability is. And also if they have photos of their brake kit attached.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Mike please share any info you get on those. I have looked at those as well but hadn't sent the email :oops: .

Jason
Drgw50

Post by Drgw50 »

I assembled my RMI trucks in an evening, and ran them the next day for a few miles. No issues, but did only install 4 springs at each bolster instead of the 5 provided. I will buy more of them.