FS: LIRR N52a wooden caboose

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, gwrdriver

PRR5406

FS: LIRR N52a wooden caboose

Post by PRR5406 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Long Island Rail Road N52a caboose, 1.5" scale, one of a pair constructed spring 2011. Frame is 1" "C" channel steel, plywood deck and walls, with individually applied pine wood sheathing, constructed in a similar manner to the prototype. Cloth roofing glued to plywood, and double coated with black paint. Windows are clear plexi-glass, spray painted black set behind exterior sheathing. This car is not yet decaled so buyer can apply his own road name, or modify as a PRR caboose. $50 additional for Long Island decals. Roof is removable for adding weight or storage, or to easily access truck bolts.

Asking $1000 without couplers trucks; $1200 with dummy aluminum couplers and Allen arch-bar trucks. These trucks are 7.25" gauge, with cosmetic wear and each missing a single journal cover, but functional. Can be picked up in Winterport, Maine, shipped, or delivered with fees within 400 miles.

Please call Dick at (207)299-8687. Please leave a message if I do not answer immediately. You can also email richard.glueck@gmail.com .

Thank you.

The following is the sister caboose with lettering applied. This caboose is not for sale, but for illustration.

"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."

PRR5406

Re: FS: LIRR N52a wooden caboose

Post by PRR5406 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:49 am

I am reducing the price of this caboose to $1000, trucks included, no couplers. (richard.glueck@gmail.com)
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."