10/32 castle nuts Big Boy pics

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, gwrdriver

Stephen MacDonald

10/32 castle nuts Big Boy pics

Post by Stephen MacDonald » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:42 pm

I am slowly assembling the Big Boy after getting it back from Vintage Restorations Mr Tokar and his shop did a great job of painting my cylinders and valve gear,Iam making castle nuts from the stainless steel nuts i bought from American Model Engineering and was wondering if anybody wanted some while im setup to do them Thanks Steve MacDonald
Attachments
DSC_0122.jpg
DSC_0114.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0071.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg

FLtenwheeler

Re: !0/32 castle nuts Big Boy pics

Post by FLtenwheeler » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:44 am

Hi Stephen

My project is to far away to know what size and the number of nuts I will be needing. How are you making them? CNC or a fixture?

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.

Stephen MacDonald

Post by Stephen MacDonald » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:31 am

Atlas horizontal mill with 4" rotary table,.032 slitting wheel,the hard way!

applejak_2000

Post by applejak_2000 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:56 am

Stephen MacDonald wrote:I am slowly assembling the Big Boy after getting it back from Vintage Restorations Mr Tokar and his shop did a great job of painting my cylinders and valve gear,Iam making castle nuts from the stainless steel nuts i bought from American Model Engineering and was wondering if anybody wanted some while im setup to do them Thanks Steve MacDonald
Hi Stephen, I'm interested in some.
-John

Stephen MacDonald

Post by Stephen MacDonald » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:09 am

If u want to ship me the nuts i will b happy to slot them for u free of charge for the first 20 so that u can see if the quality meets your standards,suggest stainless steel as i have found that brass nuts tend to strip the threads,more than 20 will b 25 cents each to pay for electric mostly,i have the mill running on auto feed and only have too advance rotary table and change nuts every so often so it really doesnt take much time.The cotter pins are available from small parts in ss,or brass,the nuts look great with the brass pins for a color contrast.If you are still interested let me know and i will pm you the mailing address.As you can see I'm not trying to get rich here,just trying to help my fellow modelers get their projects done,best regards Steve