1" scale 0-6-0 chassis running on air

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Steve Dispenza

1" scale 0-6-0 chassis running on air

Post by Steve Dispenza »

1" 0-6-0 4 3/4" gauge chassis running on air. Chassis has piston valves and an axle pump. I bought it with plans to finish but have too many other projects. Includes a pilot truck to build as a 2-6-0. The builder of this chassis is unknown and its not built with little engines castings. I do have plans for a little engines 0-6-0 boiler and tender to help finish the locomotive. I also have a partially machined smoke box, smoke stack and smoke box door to go with it.I have had it running on air back and fourth at our club track with a long air line. Asking $750 obo plus shipping.
Attachments
DSC_4555 (Small).JPG
DSC_4558 (Small).JPG
DSC_4560 (Small).JPG
060.jpg
Ironflyer

Re: 1" scale 0-6-0 chassis running on air

Post by Ironflyer »

Steve,

PM sent,

Paul
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

That LOOKS like it is slide valves, dummied up to look like piston valves.

Is this correct?

Or is is slide valves CONVERTED to Piston Valves?
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
srrl5

Post by srrl5 »

It's outside admission because the Exccentric crank is leading and the Radius rod is below the valve rod connection on the Combnation lever.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
DJSteamer3017

Post by DJSteamer3017 »

Whats a good boiler for this Locomtive, because Ive looked at the 2011 List for Ridge Locomotive Works and only offer a boiler for the 0-4-0, The Atlantic and Pacific. which boiler will fit best on this locomtive?

David.
The 1" Scale Junkie ... But steam of all sizes is cool with me!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
KidAmato

Post by KidAmato »

DJSteamer3017 wrote:Whats a good boiler for this Locomtive, because Ive looked at the 2011 List for Ridge Locomotive Works and only offer a boiler for the 0-4-0, The Atlantic and Pacific. which boiler will fit best on this locomtive?

David.

David,
Just based on the looks of it, i want to say that at least a 5" diameter boiler would fit this. But of course you could figure this out once you have the smock box machined up... you can easily tell what size it has to be. But based on my perspective, im going to be sure its a 5" diameter boiler.

Hope that helps,
Nico Amato
7-1/2” gauge 5” scale 2-4-4t
7-1/2” gauge Fitchburg Northern
4-3/4” gauge 1.5” scale 0-4-4t
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

a copper boiler of that size is reasoable to make.

BEWARE that 5" copper pipe is virtually impossible to get on this side of the atlantic.

you will need to either foll your own or bring some in from Reeves.

now that I look at the blown up photos, I see that it IS a slide valve set, modified for pistons. Slick job
Too many things going on to bother listing them.