1.5 inch scale Allen Model style tender tank

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

765nkp

1.5 inch scale Allen Model style tender tank

Post by 765nkp »

Up for sale is a Allen 10 wheeler or Mogul style tender tank. It would work for many other smaller size engines also. It is an extra that I had left over from a batch of 3 that I built. Dim's are 14 1/4" wide by 35" long at tank and 39" at floor. It is not currently sealed but can be for additional cost. Can also cut water hatch opening if you like.
Asking $875, sealing would be another $50
Buyer pays shipping and packing

Thanks
Tim
trmikko@sbcglobal.net
314 401 9497
Attachments
040.JPG
041.JPG
042.JPG
043.JPG
makinsmoke

Re: 1.5 inch scale Allen Model style tender tank

Post by makinsmoke »

Tim,
What size rivets did you use and are the top rivets soldered at the sides? I assume the top is screwed on as per the prints?
Any holes drilled in the floor?

Thanks,
Brian
765nkp

Post by 765nkp »

Brian
The rivets are 3/32, and the top is screwed on. There are no holes in the bottom for mounting at this time.
Buyer can add them or I would be happy to drill them.

Thanks Tim
765nkp

Post by 765nkp »

This tank has been sold, but I can build more. Just let me know what your looking for.
Thanks Tim
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

I am interested in a tender for a 10 wheeler. Im am tall guy and might like it be litlle longer for ride comfort. Give me PM and we can talk details.

Thanks, Rob
Superberky1204

Post by Superberky1204 »

Tim,

I take it that is made of steel. I am not a lover of steel. I made most out of brass. But now I am out of brass!!!! How are you doing the rivets? Are they soldered in or hammered. Is the top removable for working inside for water valves and mounting to the frame, etc.

I am working on an Allen mogul and it is about 2-3 months from done. I have all the castings and rails for the tender except trucks and no body. Was thinking of getting a fiberglass from LE.

Would you email me direct ( bgsberk@comcast.net ) as to when one could be available and cost + shipping to 19403 in SE PA. I would use gas tank sealer for the inside.

Thanks, Bruce