American Model Engineering Mechanical Lubricator

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

John_S

American Model Engineering Mechanical Lubricator

Post by John_S »

I have a brand new, unused, AME ML5 lubricator for sale. I bought it for my Allen mogul; however, due to the running boards being so low I am unable to use it. It's too tall (2 1/4") to comfortably fit underneath the running board on either side of the locomotive.

The overall dimensions are 2" W x 2" D x 2 1/4" T. Here's the AME webpage for it: http://www.americanmodeleng.com/id16.html

I plan on purchasing a Cole's as they offer one that's only 1 1/2" tall, which will fit under the running board on the fireman side.

I paid $220 + S/H for it, but will let it go for $200 + shipping.

EDIT: and just like that it's sold. One of the guys in our club is interested in it.
kvom

Re: American Model Engineering Mechanical Lubricator

Post by kvom »

darn, woke up too late :(
Bill Wilkins

Re: American Model Engineering Mechanical Lubricator

Post by Bill Wilkins »

John,
I have the same lubricator that you do from the same supplier. It is mounted on the left side between the first and second driver right behind the valve rocker.
I have to check, but I think there is a picture in my photo album in the Allen Loco's yahoo group. There is, I just checked. Photo album "BGBill's Mogul"
I had to return the first luber I got because it was for the other side. They charged me a $15 restocking fee. I was not happy about that as I had spent a fair sum of money with them for other things.
Bill
Plum Cove Chassis, freelance body - 2008 - Present
Wabash 569 - Allen Mogul - April 09-Jan 12
Bob Snippe Alco S-4 - Feb 12 - Apr 15