3" scl alum. PRR keystone whistle, ring, and flanger posts.

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

PRR5406

3" scl alum. PRR keystone whistle, ring, and flanger posts.

Post by PRR5406 »

Odd Duck Foundry is currently casting PRR keystone whistle posts, keystone ring posts, and triangular flanger posts, in 3" scale for live steam/live Diesel hobbyists. They are cast in recovered aluminum, measure approximately 4" tall, and can be purchased as flat plaques or with a mounting post on the back (allowing for 5/8" pipe insertion), as the prototype. They are clean castings, unpainted, and clean up with a file.

Flat plaques are $10 each, with post mounts, $12 each. You can order multiples of each design (ex: three whistle posts) , or specific combinations (ex: one of each design). (Paypal accepted) (5% tax applicable in Maine).

If you order, please specify flat or pole mount, which type and how many desired.
Other PRR style signs are in development, including "No Trespassing on Bridge", "Slow", and oval signs. All are limited to 3" scale for live steam.

Odd Duck Foundry
364 River Rd.
Orrington, ME 04474

oddduckfoundry@msn.com
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
PRR5406

Re: 3" scl alum. PRR keystone whistle, ring, and flanger pos

Post by PRR5406 »

Just some follow up photos.

My friend, Peter is at work filling orders for 3" scale keystone whistle posts. Peter owns the "Odd Duck Foundry" in Maine, and has started casting aluminum miniatures for the live steam hobby. Yesterday I went over to record the whole process, while he casts four of the popular Pennsy designed sign for a client.
Making an imprint from a wooden model.
The green sand imprint.
Pouring the molten aluminum.
Breaking the casting free.
Removing sand.
Casting back.
Casting front.
After some flash is removed.

Three views of a partially cleaned casting.
Currently available PRR style castings in 3" scale. Keystone whistle post, ring post, and flanger warning.

Odd Duck Foundry
364 River Rd.
Orrington, ME 04474

oddduckfoundry@msn.com

With the post mounting back, he sells the signs for $12 each. Just a flat sign is $10.

I thought live steamers might be interested.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."