"SOLD"1 1/2" Scale 2-8-2 Mikado Logging Engine

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Postwarbob

"SOLD"1 1/2" Scale 2-8-2 Mikado Logging Engine

Post by Postwarbob »

[*]This engine was sold a year ago on DLS but due to health reasons buyer backed out. Built by Dick Thomas of Los Altos Ca . He was setting it up as a logger engine but last buyer had drawings for a Great Northern engine. He even has a tender for this engine that he would be willing to sell seperately.(Tender in forground is not for sale) The chassis is done and is ready for the boiler. Brakes are fully operational, A snow plow for the front beam is inc,and the johnson bar is also done. The smoke box measures 10 3/4"and the overall lenght is 60" .Engine has been run on air. The machine work is first class. I was going to install a briggs style boiler on this one. I'm not sure of weight but I would estimate 400 lbs as is. Price is $6,500.00 Thanks for looking Bob.........At present time there is a pending sale on this engine.
Attachments
DSCN9912.JPG
DSCN9913.JPG
DSCN9914.JPG
DSCN9915.JPG
DSCN9916.JPG
DSCN9917.JPG
DSCN9918.JPG
Last edited by Postwarbob on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
johnpenn74

Re: 1 1/2" Scale 2-8-2 Mikado Great Northern on air

Post by johnpenn74 »

Bob,
Can you offer some insight as to what parts are aluminum and what parts are not. Appears the rods are, but not sure from photos.
Will the tender be posted?
Driver Dia?

JP
John Pennington

Logging meets that actually move logs

Project
2 Mich-Cal Shays
Allen 4-4-0 Narrow Gauge Conversion
Two Reading A5a Camelback 0-4-0
USRA 0-6-0
Clishay
4 Western Wheeled Scraper NG Dump Cars