Alcalde & Coalfield #9

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

JBodenmann

Alcalde & Coalfield #9

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Having a bit of a sale here to help finance the new shop at the Tehachapi house and the new highline. So it's time to thin out the fleet. I am asking $75,000.00 for number nine and the flat car. #9 is 5" scale for 7-1/2" gauge track. The flat car is also 5" scale and includes a 12 volt compressor, air reservoir, and battery. #9 burns coal and has functioning air brakes on the drivers and trailing truck. , with brake valves for independent and automatic train brakes. #9 has an operating oil burning headlamp, and also an oil burning water glass lamp. Also included are some special wrenches to adjust the piston and valve rod packing, coal shovel, little cab broom, a spare set of brake shoes and cylinder cocks. #9 also has fully equalized suspension and will negotiate 30 foot radius curves. If you are interested give me a call at (805) 748- 0952 or E mail me at Jbodenmannn@charter.net.
Thanks Jack
Attachments
A&C#9.JPG
Cab.JPG
SoCalLiveSteamer#613

Re: Alcalde & Coalfield #9

Post by SoCalLiveSteamer#613 »

Still have dreams about that time I ran her at bitter creek. A complete masterpiece. Hope tou find a good new owner Jack. Will pass this onto a buddy of mine. Hes got two RMIs but I think he'd like this one. Only if everyone wasnt so paranoid over coAl.
Going in circles any day, anywhere as long as its on a steam engine!
Jbingham

Post by Jbingham »

Who's paranoid of coal.....not Quail Valley Railway fir sure.
SoCalLiveSteamer#613

Haha he is cancer scared. He wants somone to build him a 24 now.....wish he would just buy the 9 but he wont run coal anymore.... Shame
mattmason

Post by mattmason »

On the 9, it just goes over your head, not in your face like my Chloe. It is a gem of a loco, just too big for this small-scaler.

Please note: #9 is NOT a scale model, but a working loco that has just been put into the Easy-bake oven too long. It is the bees knees of large scale locos and you can't tell you're running a 7 1/2" gauge engine until your hand is on the throttle to tell you that YOU are larger than the engine. It is that detailed to scale. Hopefully, it will stay out west where we can still get to enjoy looking at it.
Matt Mason
SoCalLiveSteamer#613

I can agree on that! This ones a beast! This scale has really gone untouched in the hobby so far and I think people will really be amazed in the future some of the dimensions you can work out on 7.5 inch gauge track! The only problem is the track holding it! These engines dont scale in weight very well!
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Number nine has been sold.
Jack