WTB Book

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

whitey

WTB Book

Post by whitey »

Would anyone have a extra or no longer needed book of the latest editon.? Of LBSC his life and locomotives. By Curly Lawrence.? for sale if so please PM or E-mail Whitey at whanson@plainstel.com
SteveM

Re: WTB Book

Post by SteveM »

You can find them on amazon and ebay, but they are generally pricy ($70-$80).

If you wait, you can sometimes get one cheaper.

Steve
whitey

Post by whitey »

Thanks Steve. I had just rather spend my money with a member if possible.And thanks to Jack I found out he had several books including the Shop Shed and Road.that I could also use. Whitey
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

whitey wrote:Would anyone have a extra or no longer needed book of the latest editon.? Of LBSC his life and locomotives. By Curly Lawrence.? for sale if so please PM or E-mail Whitey at whanson@plainstel.com
You will have better luck if you look for "LBSC His Life and Locomotives" if you search for the author Brian Hollingsworth. Lillian "Curley" Lawrence is the subject of the book, not its author.

I hope you have good luck finding a copy, they are fairly rare now and command high prices.

Personally I would suggest that you look for a copy of LBSC's Shops, Shed and Road (a.k.a. "The Live Steam Book") which was written by LBSC. Or any of his books covering the building of specific locomotives such as Maisie (a GNR 4-4-2) or Tich, a simple 0-4-0 contractor's locomotive.
whitey

Post by whitey »

Thanks and I have found a couple but still looking for more. As a 78 year old 1/2 senile complete need all the help he can get. :) Whitey
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

LVRR2095 wrote:Personally I would suggest that you look for a copy of LBSC's Shops, Shed and Road (a.k.a. "The Live Steam Book") which was written by LBSC. Or any of his books covering the building of specific locomotives such as Maisie (a GNR 4-4-2) or Tich, a simple 0-4-0 contractor's locomotive.
While the Hollingsworth book is really interesting, it covers nothing about actual locomotive construction, so you won't find any technical information in it. You will find information about Curley and every locomotive he ever designed or built, including pictures of his actual locomotives.

Steve