Wanted: Large Scale Steam Feed Water Pump

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

locoman

Wanted: Large Scale Steam Feed Water Pump

Post by locoman »

Hello there LS community,
I'm looking for a feed water pump roughly 9-14 inches in height roughly 2.5 or 3" scale. Of course ready to run or at least partially machined or even restoration candidate would be better than raw castings. Considering both duplex or single horizontal or vertical. I could potentially use 2 of these for two separate projects (don't need to be the same style). Please let me know if you have something gathering dust at a reasonable price that might work. Also considering old steam-car pumps etc.
Kind Regards
KD
Lovesthedrive

Re: Wanted: Large Scale Steam Feed Water Pump

Post by Lovesthedrive »

Locoparts sells a Keim steam pump that can be used for water or air. They are RTR.
1969 MF 40 Industrial
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Lovesthedrive wrote:Locoparts sells a Keim steam pump that can be used for water or air. They are RTR.
Here's where you can find it:
http://www.locoparts.biz/newpump2.htm

Nice looking too:

Steve
locoman

Post by locoman »

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I've seen these before, and the Keim pumps look look great, but price me out new. I'm in no rush, so looking for the right affordable option for me (used, recently re-discovered, or someone looking to make a quick sale). I can spend +/- $500 depending on what's out there. As always, trying to keep my head above water on these projects. Thanks again!
Lovesthedrive

Post by Lovesthedrive »

Bill Shields (a member here on Chaski) has the prints for building your own if you wanted to. He would need your email to send you a zip file. I dont remember if his website still hosts the file or not.
1969 MF 40 Industrial
locoman

Post by locoman »

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I have too many projects to commit to a new one from castings or from scratch, hence I'm looking for a complete/nearly finished/ or restoration candidate. Thanks again