FS: Invicta with riding cars

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Jim Schulz

FS: Invicta with riding cars

Post by Jim Schulz »

This 7-1/2" gauge train is a great looker and solid runner. The engine will pull two adult males on the riding cars up a 3% grade. The riding cars are built so that the tops come off for interior storage. The engineer’s riding car is equipped with a hand brake and includes the boat seat and tool box. Total length of engine and tender is about 32 inches. The engine weighs 135 lbs (no water).

Constructed in 2007 by a professional machinist, who has built over two dozen engines, the engine is coal-fired and fitted with an axle pump and a hand pump in the tender for water input. Valve gear is slip eccentric. There are two safety valves, mechanical cylinder cocks, two blow down valves, pressure gauge, water glass, mechanical lubricator, ash pan, spark arrestor, and whistle. The boiler is 5" steel with 20 flues hydro tested to 300 psi, steel fire grate. Construction materials are steel, brass, bronze and cast iron on cylinders and wheels. Tender is made of steel frame, cast iron wheels, and aluminum body. The wooden water barrel is cosmetic only. The tender holds a gallon of water. Engine comes with firing tools (shovel, fire rake, and ash pan rake) and electric blower fan for raising steam in the steaming bay. Last hydro: April 2012. Last run: September 15, 2012. Total run time: approximately 55 hours.

This train is moveable in the trunk of a small car. I hauled mine in the back of a VW New Beetle. The riding cars fit in the front passenger seat.

Here’s a YouTube video of the engine in action: http://youtu.be/aPuyr_MQS48. More photos available on request.

Asking $5,995

Free shipping to the lower 48 United States. The train is located in central Indiana. Reason for selling: Need funds for my next project.

Jim Schulz
schulzjg@sbcglobal.net
Attachments
1 Live Steam Marketplace (800x600).jpg
2 Live Steam Marketplace (800x380).jpg
3 - Live Steam Marketplace (800x443).jpg
Last edited by Jim Schulz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveM

Re: FS: Invicta with riding cars

Post by SteveM »

One of the few 7.x gauge engines that will fit in carry-on luggage (of course, there would be a problem with the weight).
Jim Schulz wrote:The wooden water barrel is cosmetic only.
You could always use that for "refreshments".

Steve
Jim Schulz

Post by Jim Schulz »

re: "refreshments"... that's what it was originally made for. Or strap it around the neck of your St. Bernard for "emergency use only." :D
Attachments
Invicta in Beetle 1.JPG
Last edited by Jim Schulz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DianneB

Post by DianneB »

What a sweet little engine! If I had $6,000 it would be gone :mrgreen:
Jim Schulz

Post by Jim Schulz »

Don't be bashful, make me an offer!