*SOLD* TICH - Beginner's live steam locomotive for sale !

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

slhdsnet@dsuper.net

*SOLD* TICH - Beginner's live steam locomotive for sale !

Post by slhdsnet@dsuper.net »

:arrow:
*** SOLD *** TO J.R. / OCT. 07 - 2012.

I have an old steam locomotive project (see pictures), currently in disassembled state and simply waiting to be put back together. It is a small LBSC design, TICH 0-4-0, coal fired, in good shape and in 3 1/2" gauge. I wanted to strip down the old paint altogether to change the colour scheme but the project has been idle for quite some time now. The construction is not museum like quality but to a good standard. I have all original vintage prints in a manual format as well a the construction book complete. I'm thinking this could be one very good way for someone to get started into the Live Steam hobby, from which one could then progress to the much bigger gauge.

I will let this one go for cheap as I currently have four other locos to play with... which are more than enough for me at this time.

Let's say $625 USD + FedEx Ground / Insured Shipping to your door. Payment via PayPal only.

Let me know accordingly if interested to acquire this very fine, beginner's live steam, vintage locomotive project.

Highest regards,
Stephane :wink:

slhdsnet@dsuper.net

Attachments
Tich_01.jpg
Tich_02.jpg
Tich_03.jpg
Tich_04.jpg
Tich_05.jpg
Last edited by slhdsnet@dsuper.net on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Benjamin Maggi

Re: TICH - Beginner's live steam locomotive project for sale

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

It seems that when it comes to miniature British steam engines, most are sold with the following line in the description: "I took it apart to clean/repair/repaint and never got around to putting it back together." I wonder how many more engines would exist today if they were never taken apart to begin with!
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

And I was in Canada LAST week!

Steve
slhdsnet@dsuper.net

Dear Benjamin,

Indeed, you have one very good point ! From experience, I think there are way more out there than we might imagine in this very state of affairs, i.e. waiting to be put back together... I for one have just another like this, see attached pictures. This beast is a British, freelance, 4-8-2, triple cylinder type I'm currently putting back together.

Cheers,
Stephane :wink:

slhdsnet@dsuper.net

Attachments
4-8-2_1.jpg
4-8-2_2.jpg
4-8-2_3.jpg
4-8-2_4.jpg
tsph6500

Post by tsph6500 »

slhdsnet@dsuper.net wrote:This beast is a British, freelance, 4-8-2, triple cylinder type I'm currently putting back together.
I hope we'll see this at the MLS track next year? :)
Best regards,
Jim Leggett

Montreal Live Steamers
www.montreallivesteamers.org

A Founding Member of the Tinkerbell Scale Society - Northern Division
I'm an A.R.S.E. (Association of Railroad Steam Engineers)
Toad Swamp & Punk Hollow Railroad - Head Tycoon
The Juvenile Traction Company - CEO & Apprentice Machinist 3rd Class
White Mountain Central RR - Engineer & Fireman
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

That 4-8-2 is fabulous. Hope it has a tender that matches instead of the tiny after-thought Bullied had behind his Spam cans..

mountaineer.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

For anyone to run / build a Tich:

When building, be SURE that you make the modifications necessary to allow you to remove the grate.

Having to pick the critter up by the stack and shake clinkers out through the fire-door is - well - less than the best way to do it.

Been there - done that.

Otherwise, it is the most fun you can have on 4 wheels with your clothes on!
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
slhdsnet@dsuper.net

Dear Jim,

You might not see the 4-8-2 running on steam next year (it currently runs on air like a swiss watch) but rather, I intend to bring my LE 4-8-4 which I have started refurbishment some time ago. That one was in bad shape but have salvaged her from near death out from Montana. Not much left to do on her and expect a strong runner.

FYI, I was a member of MLS about five years ago until I got sick, that is, real sick... I am now slowly recovering and am getting back into the hobby for sure.

Some of you have already sent me pm's in regards the 4-8-2. I will most likely start a new post on this one. For now, enjoy the attached pictures.

Cheers,
Stephane

slhdsnet@dsuper.net

Attachments
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0061.JPG
DSCF0062.JPG
DSCF0064.JPG
DSCF0066.JPG