ANOTHER SAFETY UPDATE

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Trainman4602

ANOTHER SAFETY UPDATE

Post by Trainman4602 »

I now have 36 safeties ready to set on the stationary boiler. These were all machined on the engine lathe. As most of you know I have purchased a small CNC lathe. I’m in the process of setting it up but it will be some time before it is up and running. When this batch is complete and ready for shipping I plane to start another batch of fifty. All of these are sold BTW

Some of the things that are in the works at Mercer are a nice gauge glass, Brake cylinder kits that will include all the hardware. I will offer it finished as well.

More Mikado Castings. Leaf springs sets in three different widths 3/4, 5/8, 1/2. The 3/4 and 5/8 widths will be 1/16 thk. and the 1/2 inch width will be .032

PRR Markers, Mercer caboose markers that feature a true Fresnel lens. Stoker heads castings. Couplers both loop shank and straight shank along with the very popular top and bottom opening kits as well as a coupler pocket. Also the very popular “TEE” bolsters.

I’m slowly working on bringing back the Reading 0-4-0 Camelback. This time I’ll offer it as a PRR A3a kit as well This can be done with some minor changes.
Attachments
live steam 006.jpg
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Trainman4602

Re: ANOTHER SAFETY UPDATE

Post by Trainman4602 »

For a comparison here is the real thing now offered by the Strasburg RailRoad. These are Consoldated Valves
Attachments
newparts_Large_POPS.jpg
prr094

Post by prr094 »

Hi Dave,
The PRR markers... are they the ones that would sit on the front of the locomotive above the pilot that had 4 cast feet on them? If yes, any idea of a ballpark price?

Thanks,
Russ
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi Russ
Yes they are true Pennsy markers. I'm not at my home computer at the moment , I'll post pictures later.
I Have sent the molds to the lost wax caster for an estimate so I can't give an accurate price for you .
I have two pair right now. I think John Luckasavage wants one so you could get the other. As soon as I establish a price I'll post them for sale.
prr094

Post by prr094 »

Hi Dave,
Yes... I would like them.
I have sent you an email.
Thanks,
Russ