Craig Prucha is published!

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Craig Prucha is published!

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Craig Prucha, a member for quite some time shared with me an article that he wrote for Gas Engine Magazine. It goes through the story of acquiring and restoring a great 25hp Swan hit and miss engine. If you haven't visited his website, please take the time to do so. Craig unselfishly takes the time to document man of his restorations and he even takes the time to document what's going on in his shop with photos and verbage.
Another source of great inspiration!
http://www.antique-engine.com

Swan Restoration Article from the pages of "Gas Engine Magazine"
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
lathegear

Re: Craig Prucha is published!

Post by lathegear »

Marty, I did take the time to visit his site and you are right, a great inspiration to metalworkers. This (site) must take up a LOT of his time and there is a lot to learn for all of us. I think anyone that puts that much time into documentation deserves credit.
Craig unselfishly takes the time to document man of his restorations and he even takes the time to document what's going on in his shop with photos and verbage.
Another source of great inspiration!
"Verbage" goes farther than pix on the net, too many can just slap up a picture with no explanation. As soon as this is posted I will be off to work on my site [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img]. I'm not a big Jay Leno fan but his article posted there really hit home. I was suprised! All should have a look-see: http://www.antique-engine.com/leno/jayleno.htm
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

[/quote] "Verbage" goes farther than pix on the net, too many can just slap up a picture with no explanation. As soon as this is posted I will be off to work on my site [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img]. I'm not a big Jay Leno fan but his article posted there really hit home. I was suprised! All should have a look-see: http://www.antique-engine.com/leno/jayleno.htm [/quote]

Indeed, makes you feel better about Jay's collection as he has deep respect for the craftsman that built the cars. Very true statements in his article.

Craig's site is grand. He regularly updates the SHOP WORK pages with what he's got going on. Really think about it guys. He STOPS his work to take pictures for the benefit of others. Can you only imagine how much time that takes out of his work? I can appreciate it as I've documented several projects on my web page and it does take a bit of planning.....

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
oheider

Post by oheider »

Downloading from the magazine didn't work so I went to his website and looked at the whole Swan resotoration.
WOW
Otto