GP7 blue prints from 1950. Interest?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

vernon911

Re: GP7 blue prints from 1950. Interest?

Post by vernon911 »

Interested in whatever format you decide.

thanks for your efforts

Paul
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

FLtenwheeler wrote:
PRR5406 wrote:Getting on this in the next week. May I assume PDF files would be okay?
PDFs are OK, but my CAD program likes TIFFs better. But I will take what I get.

Tim
same here
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Going to try to get scanning done in the next week or two. Hoping for digital copies that can be printed at your local shop. Not all will be useful for live Diesel builders, but I think most will be interesting.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

For preservation purposes, TIff's definitely have advantages - better bit depth =more clarity and precision. Much wider - almost universal usability for archival purposes. PDF's are harder/impossible to convert to usable formats in some drawing programs, etc. PDF's can be very small in size, so great for reading (viewing), exchange with others, and publication.

If you wish to preserve these, say as an archivist, TIFFs would be ideal...
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I'll try for the tiffs.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
JimJam

Post by JimJam »

Hi Dick -

Thanks for making these drawings available. I'd be interested in a TIFF format of these GP7 drawings.

Will you be putting together a list of the other locomotive and car drawings you received from the BAR ? Any drawings of the elusive BL2 ? Or State of Maine potato cars ?

Keep those rails shiny !

- Jimi -
Harvard, MA
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Jimi: Too many drawings to spend time listing. We have found many multiple copies of Pacific Car and Foundries refrigerator cars, and here we're talking about everything from rivet details to wood quality for the interiors. I am holding out two freight car drawings, one for 1950's suggested paint schemes, although there is no reference to the red, white, and blue fleet, the other is a lettering guide for 50 foot Maine Central boxcars, dated for the late 1950's. I have a complete set of 1949 wiring diagrams for the BL2's, but nothing regarding car bodies (dang). I have held out one blueprint of the cab arrangement for F3A units, and will have that professionally scanned. The F3A wiring diagrams were all sent tot he ARHS, which operates the last two serviceable former BAR F3A's.

None of these relate to the mission of New England Steam Corporation, so we are acting as a conduit for preservation of drawings that would otherwise have been burned. Our current plan is to donate all this material to the Barringer Transportation Museum, in St. Louis, which is where the bulk of BAR's files went when MM&A purchased the railroad. Whatever is scanned will probably wind up on a DVD and offered in return for a donation to our efforts to rebuild MEC 470.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Material is at the scanners as I type this. I think everyone will find something of use on the disk.
hwboivin3

Post by hwboivin3 »

I hope I'm not too late. But I am interested also.

Also, I just received a huge amount of blueprints for freight cars. They were headed to the burn pile also.

A lot of browsing to do to see if there's anything of interest. Off the top, I noticed PRR, Conrail and Bethlehem steel. Not sure where these will end up, but I'll be looking for somewhere that will preserve them.

Harry
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Nobody is late! The blueprints are being reverse scanned to black lines on white background. I'm adding Pac. Car & Foundry Reefer, (1950) as well.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Yes, I would like a CD/DVD as well. Thank you for doing this.
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Sparticusrye

Post by Sparticusrye »

I also have an interest in a copy these files.