GP7 blue prints from 1950. Interest?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

Re: GP7 blue prints from 1950. Interest?

Post by FLtenwheeler »

hwboivin3 wrote:I hope I'm not too late. But I am interested also.

Also, I just received a huge amount of blueprints for freight cars. They were headed to the burn pile also.

A lot of browsing to do to see if there's anything of interest. Off the top, I noticed PRR, Conrail and Bethlehem steel. Not sure where these will end up, but I'll be looking for somewhere that will preserve them.

Harry
Hi Harry

It is nice that they will be preserved. You need to find an organization that has the resources to make copy or scan available. I know of some drawings that it will take 2 to 3 years to get copies and cost an arm and a leg.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I think anything PRR, ConRail, Penn Central, and RR related to Beth Steel, would find a home at the RMPA. If not there, the PRRT&HS is dedicated to preserving that portion of the PRR legacy.

Regarding the scans about which I originally started this thread, I am going through channels with the companies which originally issued the drawings, to be certain they won't object to distribution. I feel the outcome will be positive.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Update: I've gotten about half of the scans back. I've also thrown in a variety of Maine Central and other BAR cars and trucks.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Any others interested in this information disk? It's got a great deal of data, from the old Bangor and Aroostook, and other NE roads.
Plans for NW2, GP7, and layout of F3A cabs, BAR RPO car, passenger trucks, locomotive service records.
TDukes

Post by TDukes »

I would be interested

Todd
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

I'm interested.

Jim B
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Me too. Cost for a broke retireee?
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Please send me a PM if you are interested. The requested donation of $20 goes directly to restoration of MEC 470, the largest remaining steam locomotive in New England.
Mudhop

Post by Mudhop »

Got my disc today. A wealth of good data although BAR there is plenty of car and locomotive detail information that will apply to other roads. Well worth the money.

- Dallas
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Oh yes, it's all from the BAR files we are sending to the Barringer Library, in Missouri. Really a lot of interesting information on the disk, an much can be applied to other favorite railroads.

I would request that anyone who thinks they might want a disk, please make the request a.s.a.p. New England Steam is moving forward with the 470 restoration, and part of that involves digitizing a wealth of Maine Central and Boston & Maine steam locomotive blueprints.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Thank you, each person who donated to New England Steam and received a disk. Please PM me once you've received you disk and let me know what you think of the contents.
chooch

Post by chooch »

I received my disc a few days ago but have not looked at it yet. Just been doing other builds and stuff.
Thank you for all your interest and work though.
chooch