scale figurines

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

rwheller

scale figurines

Post by rwheller »

Where can one find 1/8 scale figurines or "people" for on train and track side detailing? A 6' person would be 9" tall.
steamin10

Re: scale figurines

Post by steamin10 »

I am working on a engineers stripe suit for a Ken doll (Barbie fame) that the legs have been shortened on. Pulling his pants up, he dont look too bad. I get them for a dollar at the Resale shops.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

Premiere made a series of 9" dolls in the late 1990s, including Jeb Clampett, Ellie May, and Jethro. The clothes are a little crude and the cast-on hat on Jeb would look better if modified. I have several Clampetts that I bought for $10-$15 each, but the prices are variable and some sellers think they are worth up to $50. There are examples available on Ebay pretty much continuously. Here are current listings for Jeb Clampett and James West - http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beverly-Hil ... 3d03aa7624 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Wild-Wild-W ... 4d386396f1. I believe they also made a Maverick doll.
slsf1060

Post by slsf1060 »

There are a lot of "Star Trek" action figures on ebay that are 9" tall

I friend of mine has Pickard and Riker in the cab of his UP F-unit with stripey overalls I laugh every time I think about the conversation that could take place.
Darren McNeely

and the sons of Pullman Porters, and the sons of engineers,
ride their father's magic carpets made of steel.

www.swlsonline.org
Jawn

Post by Jawn »

slsf1060 wrote:There are a lot of "Star Trek" action figures on ebay that are 9" tall

I friend of mine has Pickard and Riker in the cab of his UP F-unit with stripey overalls I laugh every time I think about the conversation that could take place.
WARP 9, NUMBER ONE! MAKE IT SO!
chooch

Post by chooch »

Here is a site for 8" and some 12" figures, male And female.
Many years ago the prices and figures were more a complete dressed figure selection and accessories. I bought several for my 1-1/2 scale equipment and they looked good. Were "Poseable" also.
Well, take a look--it is a pretty difficult site to navigate but look close at the headings, the Left side menu, site map etc. This site is Large!! I think something could be found for sure, even misc. accessories Pails, spade shovels, push brooms, hats and More. Never hurts to look.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/sitemap.aspx

chooch
AusDan

Post by AusDan »

chooch wrote:Here is a site for 8" and some 12" figures, male And female.
Many years ago the prices and figures were more a complete dressed figure selection and accessories. I bought several for my 1-1/2 scale equipment and they looked good. Were "Poseable" also.
Well, take a look--it is a pretty difficult site to navigate but look close at the headings, the Left side menu, site map etc. This site is Large!! I think something could be found for sure, even misc. accessories Pails, spade shovels, push brooms, hats and More. Never hurts to look.

http://www.classictvtoys.com/sitemap.aspx

chooch
Chooch, that link had all the family laughing (and the wife a little concerned :)), as I went to the link and looked around and then noticed down the bottom you can send in a picture of your face and get a 3D custom head made for your figurine.....LOL

I should have ample room in the cab for a driver or two.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Aus Dan,
If I remember right, several yrs. ago I got the complete and full dressed figure for about 8 dollars. A clothes outfit 3/4 and the site was Much smaller and easier to use.
Anyway, I try to look quite often in our stores toy aisles like Target, Wal-Mart, the Dollar stores, Toys-R-US ((animals too) yard sales and any other place I can think of. I got some 11 "Soldier" figures for 88 cents. Remove body from waist down, make a seat (bracket)and have an Engineer. Painter helmut for striped hat. Yes, I painted the combat clothes.
I don`t think figures Must be exact scale--a little imagination and placement works wonders. Something is better than nothing is my way.
chooch
chooch

Post by chooch »

Stock/cattle car 1-1/2 " scale with 8" figure. Scroll down a way to see photo.
http://www.classictvtoys.com/customfanphotos.aspx
chooch
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Related:
After Mattel Industries had Barbie dump Ken for another plastic guy, someone somewhere filmed their 7.5" gauge diesel being engineered by Ken, running over Barbie who was tied to the rails! The loco did not derail...

Anyone know where that YouTube film went?
Care to re-enact it for our entertainment?
~RN
RONALD

Post by RONALD »

Here are previous posts, looks like we will never see any humans in 1/8th scale, the market may be too small. 1/6th scale is more common.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... =8&t=89469

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... =8&t=75394

Here is a photo of a 1/6th scale worker on a 1/8th scale switcher. At 7ft-9in (1/8th) he is certainly an impressive worker in 1/8th scale!
Attachments
DSCN0008_2.JPG
Bob D.

Post by Bob D. »

Mego made 8" action figures that were tied into various TV series. I have Grandpa and Johnboy Walton that work well with my 1.5" Camelback steamer. They even wear bib overalls that fit the railroading scene. Look on Ebay. They are fully poseable.

Bob D.
3/4" Juliet II 0-4-0
3/4" Purinton Mogul "Pogo"
3/4" Hall Class 10 wheeler
3/4" Evans Caribou/Buffalo 2-8-0
3/4" Sweet Violet 0-4-0
3/4" Hunslet 4-6-0
3/4" Kozo A3. Delayed construction project

1 1/2" A5 Camelback 0-4-0